Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone with experience of 'skipping'? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've always wanted to try this, but have always been unsure and nervous about it.

Has anyone had any experiences of this? How easy etc is it?

Cheers.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    Do you mean like, with a skipping rope!? Or given the forum, skipping meals??? Or something totally different?!
    (Original post by pandaseattoast)
    I've always wanted to try this, but have always been unsure and nervous about it.

Has anyone had any experiences of this? How easy etc is it?

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    oops, should have explained. Skipping as in taking food out of supermarket bins.
    http://www.moneylessmanifesto.org/bo...ater/skipping/
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Sounds disgusting and incredibly tramplike
    • Very Important Poster
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Study Helper
    (Original post by pandaseattoast)
    oops, should have explained. Skipping as in taking food out of supermarket bins.
    http://www.moneylessmanifesto.org/bo...ater/skipping/
    Ahhh, I've heard of this actually, but in most circumstances, no... I guess if it was very easy with the food lying right there, and the food was unopened, then I would...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Sounds disgusting and incredibly tramplike
    Food is heavily packaged and all clean etc. When I worked in a food store we would through away items for minimal things, such as a slight tear or dent in the packaging. Boxes of food totally fine for people to eat were put in big boxes awaiting to be collected for waste. Would perfectly edible food go to waste?

ReputationRep:
    Do not break the law or there will be consequences.

Technically, taking food out of someone else’s bin is illegal, as it – rather bizarrely – is still regarded as their property, despite it being blatantly obvious that they no longer want it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s4b3rt00th)
    Do not break the law or there will be consequences.
    Lol, like what

ReputationRep:
    Ermm. Never heard of that until now. And secondly, why would you want to try it? I'd do it if everyone in the world was blind except me; i'll be more worried about people seeing me than the germs around the food and packaging.

ReputationRep:
    It is an excellent form of exercise and allows one to lose weight rapidly.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.