Turn on thread page Beta

Want to get to know him better but how?? watch

Announcements

Ok so I've known this guy for about two weeks now due to ncs (if you don't know what that is, it's basically a month long residential style thing for young people to get to know eachother and do stuff for their community). So yeah.
    He's one of the really quiet ones but he's smart, slightly immature and I think he's so cute.

Anyways, I'll break it down for you

- we've only had small convos
    - I know that a few other girls probably fancy him and I think they're more his type
    - I want to talk to him but get the feeling he's intimidated by me
    - I don't know how to start off a convo (I'm kind of anti social myself)

I have his number because we're in this group chat but we've never texted eachother directly. I don't know if I should speak to him more here at ncs first being as we've only got 8 days left or just wait till it's over so I could maybe message him one day ( even though I'm scared he'll be thinking "what does she even wanna speak about?" Or be awkward/slightly creepy/ might not even reply!!)

I've liked boys before but never had the courage to tell one. I'm scared he won't wanna get to know me better too because he might not like me and it's so upsetting

So long story short, how do I go about approaching a boy in an attempt to help him understand that I like him even though we've never really spoken before and constantly surrounded by other people?

Thanks.
    -

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok so I've known this guy for about two weeks now due to ncs (if you don't know what that is, it's basically a month long residential style thing for young people to get to know eachother and do stuff for their community). So yeah.
    He's one of the really quiet ones but he's smart, slightly immature and I think he's so cute.

Anyways, I'll break it down for you

- we've only had small convos
    - I know that a few other girls probably fancy him and I think they're more his type
    - I want to talk to him but get the feeling he's intimidated by me
    - I don't know how to start off a convo (I'm kind of anti social myself)

I have his number because we're in this group chat but we've never texted eachother directly. I don't know if I should speak to him more here at ncs first being as we've only got 8 days left or just wait till it's over so I could maybe message him one day ( even though I'm scared he'll be thinking "what does she even wanna speak about?" Or be awkward/slightly creepy/ might not even reply!!)

I've liked boys before but never had the courage to tell one. I'm scared he won't wanna get to know me better too because he might not like me and it's so upsetting

So long story short, how do I go about approaching a boy in an attempt to help him understand that I like him even though we've never really spoken before and constantly surrounded by other people?

Thanks.
    -
    I think it's better for you to approach him personally than text or something cuz it seems like you don't know him that well yet. So just speak casually and get to know him, i know it's harder than it sounds but give it try.

Just don't go too head-over-heels for him because you might fall into the f***boy trap

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.