Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best exercises for burning fat, the arms and abdominals... Watch

ReputationRep:
    What are the best exercises for burning fat, arms and abdominalsAnyone got some tips, exercises that i can try?

ReputationRep:
    Bench press
    Squat
    Deadlift
    Overhead press
    Barbell rows

Unfortunatly you can't spot reduce fat so you have to reduce fat over your body, and building muscle helps with that

ReputationRep:
    Wat SuperHuman said^ you can't choose where you lose fat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Inexorably)
    Wat SuperHuman said^ you can't choose where you lose fat.
    Thers a comma. Best exercises for burning fat, the arms (as in best exercises for the arms), , and the abdominals.

ReputationRep:
    abs abs abs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by medic1089)
    abs abs abs
    Abs indeed doc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RickmanAlways)
    Thers a comma. Best exercises for burning fat, the arms (as in best exercises for the arms), , and the abdominals.
    Still exactly what was told to you. There are no best exercises for burning fat from certain body parts. Because it is not physically possible to spot reduce fat.

If you're asking something else please be more clear because if that is not what you are asking you're making little sense.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe try getting your ass out of bed more than once a week... ;P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Still exactly what was told to you. There are no best exercises for burning fat from certain body parts. Because it is not physically possible to spot reduce fat.

If you're asking something else please be more clear because if that is not what you are asking you're making little sense.
    Why are you being annoyingly pedantic? It's quite clear the OP wants to tone up arms + abs... So what he wrote lose fat not tone. Get over it & stop wasting people's time with useless superior comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzsnazzter)
    Why are you being annoyingly pedantic? It's quite clear the OP wants to tone up arms + abs... So what he wrote lose fat not tone. Get over it & stop wasting people's time with useless superior comments.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    "Toned" doesn't really mean anything. If she built muscle she still wouldn't be "toned" if she has fat hiding the muscle, this is notoriously true in abdominal area.

Very sorry that you find biological facts "pedantic".

If someone asks for advice I'm going to give them all the facts they need and all the information they need to understand why. I'm not give a half arsed response that essentially means nothing and won't help because I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.Angry cucumber WoodyMKC

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    "Toned" doesn't really mean anything. If she built muscle she still wouldn't be "toned" if she has fat hiding the muscle, this is notoriously true in abdominal area.

Very sorry that you find biological facts "pedantic".

If someone asks for advice I'm going to give them all the facts they need and all the information they need to understand why. I'm not give a half arsed response that essentially means nothing and won't help because I don't have a clue what I'm talking about.Angry cucumber WoodyMKC
    Yes, but when you 'supposedly' give your facts, you could actually be giving them to help not just trying to be pedantic.

For example, you could have correct the OP nicely (which you didn't) and then went on to say 'I think what you mean is xxxx, in which case if so I recommend you do xxxx'

That would have been a far more useful post... What you actually wrote added nothing and helped nobody.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    run

ReputationRep:
    Your question doesn't make sense. You want to burn fat, and burn your arms and abdominals? Or burn fat and build up your arms and abdominals. Either way you can't spot reduce fat.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mizzsnazzter)
    Yes, but when you 'supposedly' give your facts, you could actually be giving them to help not just trying to be pedantic.

For example, you could have correct the OP nicely (which you didn't) and then went on to say 'I think what you mean is xxxx, in which case if so I recommend you do xxxx'

That would have been a far more useful post... What you actually wrote added nothing and helped nobody.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd already addressed what the OP should do in her previous thread she posted in the health section before reposting here in fitness.

Disagree, but then again you seem to eager to pick a fight. If the OP has a problem with the way I said something she can tell me so herself. I just don't generally go around sugar coating things so people don't start crying about it. I was hardly mean or rude, so I fail to see the problem. I stated a fact, that is all.

Funny...seems to be you the one not adding anything here?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    < Read the FAQ
    < Do as it says
    < Profit

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 22, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.