Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

he said im not a serious girl, what does that mean? Watch

ReputationRep:
    My ex bf said this to me: no guy will ever be serious about you because your not a serious girl. But what does that even mean? He keeps bringing up the fact that i speak to other guys. But theyre just friends. And his ex gf lied to him and told him that I was kissing another guy and he believed her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammie123)
    My ex bf said this to me: no guy will ever be serious about you because your not a serious girl. But what does that even mean? He keeps bringing up the fact that i speak to other guys. But theyre just friends. And his ex gf lied to him and told him that I was kissing another guy and he believed her.

Just block him. Tell him it's not about what he thinks anymore, is it? He's you're ex, and should go 'n' interest himself in someone else's life.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Depends a bit on how old he is, which might throw a bit of light on the meaning.

1. You are not serious i.e you dont take things seriously.
    2. You are not serious gf material i.e for whatever reason you arent worth investing time in or having a fully commited relationship with.

He could mean either, but you would have to ask him. it could be a mixture of both.
    Obviously dont get paranoid, biys say rubbish and girls can overanalyse.

If you want a relationship that is more substantual, you may beed to rethink the level of commitment and effort you put in.
    You might also wnat to choose your next bf more crefully so you are more compaitble.
    Dont let him get to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CorpusLuteum)
    Just block him. Tell him it's not about what he thinks anymore, is it? He's you're ex, and should go 'n' interest himself in someone else's life.
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Depends a bit on how old he is, which might throw a bit of light on the meaning.

2. You are not serious gf material i.e for whatever reason you arent worth investing time in or having a fully commited relationship with.

He could mean either, but you would have to ask him. it could be a mixture of both.

If you want a relationship that is more substantual, you may beed to rethink the level of commitment and effort you put in.
    You might also wnat to choose your next bf more crefully so you are more compaitble.
    Dont let him get to you.
    While i was with him i must admit i didnt really used to contact him much, and i didnt pick up his calls that much. But thats because of my degree to be honest, i was always really busy. He used to complain about that alot and thought i was seeing other guys because of this. He also thinks i cheated on him because his ex gf lied and told him that she saw me kissing another guy. He also used to complain about the fact that i apparently stare at my phone alot when we're together. I dont know if this information would be of any help in figuring this out

ReputationRep:
    Maybe stop staring at your phone when you're with other people. I'd find it rude :/
    Maybe he defines 'serious' as commitment. The fact that you had other things to do shows that he wasn't your top priority at the time, which is understandable given the circumstances.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    While i was with him i must admit i didnt really used to contact him much, and i didnt pick up his calls that much. But thats because of my degree to be honest, i was always really busy. He used to complain about that alot and thought i was seeing other guys because of this. He also thinks i cheated on him because his ex gf lied and told him that she saw me kissing another guy. He also used to complain about the fact that i apparently stare at my phone alot when we're together. I dont know if this information would be of any help in figuring this out
    If you overanalyse it you will drive yourself mad.
    he is the one who knows, but if he is a bit dim, then he may not be able to explain what he means anyway.
    Lets say its a mix iof the two things I suggested. That would mean from his biew you might not appear to tak a relationship seriously i.e the bf/gf part.

You dont seem to have communicated very well. You dont seem to have had the relationship as any sort of priority. This might mena any bf might be put off and if you cnat be bothered then they dont see why they should be either?

If you are in a relationship with someone the they wnat you to be interested in them and for them to be reasonably important to you. Perhaps he got the impression he wasnt importnat , you didnt make an effort, you preferred your phone and you didnt connect/ communicate very well?

At least you are aware of some of these things and you can see how the other party might feel. Maybe try it out in your next relationship. If you are better suited anyway, then maybe you wont do these things or if you split and he mentions the same issues, then you know for a fact they need addressing. Thats me done.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    O'd gp woth the blocking thing if its feeding you negative information and you are thinking yourself down.

ReputationRep:
    he probs thinks you are alright for a bit of fun but not much more because you are looking at your phone or chatting to other people so to him it looks like you are prioritising them over him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)

Dont let him get to you.
    how/why would his age make a difference?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcde3237)
    how/why would his age make a difference?
    maturity/ wants/expectations dippo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IronicalMan)
    maturity/ wants/expectations dippo
    wait so what difference would it have made, especially on his comments about a serious girl ?

you're going to have to spell it out for me lol i dont get it

ReputationRep:
    He's being a prick, don't get too hung up trying to work out what he meant; he probably doesn't know himself. He's just coming up with excuses, he was probably looking for an out.

Let him go and move on; plenty more fish in the sea.

ReputationRep:
    Means youre his booty call

ReputationRep:
    Why are we caring here? It is an ex bf after all

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.