Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy teaching please tell me why.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Working with people and new challenges on daily basis + 13 weeks holiday a year.

ReputationRep:
    Are you a teacher. And do you enjoy it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    used to be a teacher, and I sitll do teach occasionally, but its not my main source of work any more..*

*Motivation was easy with some classes/students. Get a nice group and it requires no extra motivation, as just the reward of working with some great kids, seeing them progress, watching them do well.. is awesome.*

But sadly thats the minority of classes from my experience. Most of the time its dealing with a beehive of little shits, and the only thing that really motivates me is the money. I am sure some peopel take joy out of working with difficult kids, but personally I dont.*

ReputationRep:
    Disclaimer: I speak as a secondary English and humanities teacher in an international school.

I love it because every day is different. I get to use subjects I love every single day. The hours and holidays are decent. Pedagogy itself is such an endlessly enriching field - as a teacher you can always improve. Equally it is a diverse field - I am particularly thinking of the branching off that examining enables, for example - and all of this is extra knowledge that you can again feed back to your students. When you really feel you have helped a child it is a lovely feeling - particularly if they have struggled to get to where they are. I'm also one of those mad people who actually enjoys planning lessons (probably because we don't need to do it in anything like the same detail as required in the UK!)!

I could go on

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.