Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    just asking.

my first time in feb i was asked to do

• turn in road

• reverse parking

i want to be prepared 2nd time...so i can make sure i can nail the manoeuvres.

ReputationRep:
    hi i have my test next month and i wish you could chose what reversing you do but its like the lottery you dont know what ones they will make you do , sadly . how is your bay parking and what techniques do you use what i mean is how have you been taught how to do it

ReputationRep:
    Turn in road comes majority, nearly every test has one - so nail that. Makes sense though seeing as this is the most used manouvre.

ReputationRep:
    In my test I did parallel park and reverse around a corner. My favourite two so I was chuffed and I passed.

ReputationRep:
    If your centre has bay parking, chances are you'll be asked to do it because it's easier for the examiner to ask you to do that than to try and find a suitable place for you to do manoeuvres. I've been asked turn in the road twice. I think that street parking is unlikely, simply because they have to find somewhere suitable to do it, and they don't necessarily have time for that in the test (but my local test centre isn't really in a residential area, so it may just be me).

ReputationRep:
    They tend to be more likely to do bay parking (if that is done at your test centre), as that is quite easy for the examiner - they know where the car park is and don't have to look for somewhere! Turn in the road and reverse round the corner are also more often done I think that parallel park, as again, they know where they can do those manoeuvres more easily, whereas for the parallel park they need to find a car which is parked so that it can be used for the manoeuvre. I think emergency stop is only done in 1 in 3/4 (cant remember which) tests. But you are best to be able to do everything, other wise you will fail on something which you could have prepared for pretty easily!

ReputationRep:
    I've had 2 tests and have had to:
    turn in road (twice)
    bay park
    reverse round a corner

ReputationRep:
    I had 4 tests and i dont think i ever had to reverse round a corner.
    Test 1 - paralell park and turn in the road
    Test 2 - paralell park and turn in the road
    Test 3 - reverse park and ??
    Test 4 - turn in the road and paralell park

ReputationRep:
    My first test i had to do Reverse Park, Turn In The Road and Emergency Stop
    Second test, which i passed on, i did reverse park and turn in the road
    My mate who passed this morning had to do the same aswell

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends where you do your test, cos a few people have said that bay parkings commonly asked but it's not where i live (i think the car parks too small), barely anyone gets asked to do it here which is a shame cos i think i was best at that. Anyhoo i got asked reverse round a corner and turn in the road.

By the sounds of it turn in the road seems most likely, but really you've gotta practice all to perfection cos you just don't know for sure what youre gonna get.

ReputationRep:
    On my first test I got bay park straight away (score, I love that manoeuvre!) and turn in the road (my joint favourite with bay park!). So I was really pleased with my manoeuvres. But I bet I'll get parallel park and reverse round a corner next time At least if you get a bay park you know you won't have to do a parallel!

ReputationRep:
    They love reverse around the corner...

ReputationRep:
    I did 3 tests, and was asked to do a turn in the road and bay parking on every one of them. Which was good because i could do those ones! (I failed on other points!) Oh, and on my third, I had an emergency stop.

id love to do reverse around a corner in my test
    that is one sexy manoeuvre

ReputationRep:
    i've had 2 tests so far (next one 2moro!!) and i've been asked to do every manoeuver, so that just goes 2 show how random it is. I would guess that parallel parking is the least likely as its the only one that directly implicates someone elses car, so the possibilaty of u scratching it or whatever might put the examiner off.

ReputationRep:
    I had parallel park and reverse round the corner on mine

I didnt get asked to do the bay park as it wasnt part of the test back then I dont think, and I was never taught it/never did it in lessons

ReputationRep:
    Hmm there are only 4 in total that my driving test centre could ask you to do so to be honest, just make sure you have enough practice of each.

But as we're also selecting 'sexiest' manoeuvres, I'll say parallel.

ReputationRep:
    I can't really remember any of the manoeuver's I was asked to do. I remember on my final test the woman asked me to do a reverse around the corner, but the road was too busy so she asked me to do a turn in the road. Luckly the turn in the road was the manoeuver I was best at so I was quite pleased.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure I heard/read somewhere that you always have to do a parking maneouvre in your test, though in my experience that isn't true. What is true (at least as far as I know) is that you won't ever get asked to do a bay park and a parallel park in the same test. For me, they're all pretty likely though as someone else said, parallel parks seem to be rarer. Best to just be prepared for all of them!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.