The Student Room Group

Earn cash with online surveys... are they always a scam?

I tried to sign up after seeing an ad on gumtree, and now i've been bombarded with spam.
Are these things always a scam? Or do people genuinely earn money with them?
I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, would you mind filling out a questionnaire of sorts so we can see exactly how this occurred, you will be reimbursed for your time :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pandaseattoast
I tried to sign up after seeing an ad on gumtree, and now i've been bombarded with spam.
Are these things always a scam? Or do people genuinely earn money with them?

you can earn money through them but it takes a long long time to get anything good you would do better to do something simple like hosting gold parties or something as they earn far more quickly even if you need some start up capital
[QUOTE="jamesthehustler;66543226"]you can earn money through them but it takes a long long time to get anything good you would do better to do something simple like hosting gold parties or something as they earn far more quickly even if you need some start up capital[/QUOTE

What are gold parties? *and what other suggestions do you have to earn more quickly?*
Reply 4
You can earn money, just not major money.

I'm signed up on 2-3 websites that I use like that. From one I get about £20 a month, managed to get £50 when I was more active, another only allows cashing out at £50 so that takes about 3 months. The last one I'm about £5 away from £20 and I started 3months ago.

I'm also on some websites where occasionally you're invited to a live messager chat lasting about an hour. They ask opinions about certain things for marketing company's and give you £10-£20 for joining. No idea how I got into them tho because there's no way to invite friends or to just register on the websites.

Referral links if anyone wants them:

Spoiler

I use:
swagbucks
yougov
mysurvey
panel opinion

you don't earn a huge amount but it's a little extra money here and there

Quick Reply

Latest