Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Earn cash with online surveys... are they always a scam? watch

ReputationRep:
    I tried to sign up after seeing an ad on gumtree, and now i've been bombarded with spam.
    Are these things always a scam? Or do people genuinely earn money with them?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry to hear this has happened to you, would you mind filling out a questionnaire of sorts so we can see exactly how this occurred, you will be reimbursed for your time

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pandaseattoast)
    I tried to sign up after seeing an ad on gumtree, and now i've been bombarded with spam.
    Are these things always a scam? Or do people genuinely earn money with them?
    you can earn money through them but it takes a long long time to get anything good you would do better to do something simple like hosting gold parties or something as they earn far more quickly even if you need some start up capital

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=jamesthehustler;66543226]you can earn money through them but it takes a long long time to get anything good you would do better to do something simple like hosting gold parties or something as they earn far more quickly even if you need some start up capital[/QUOTE

What are gold parties? *and what other suggestions do you have to earn more quickly?*

ReputationRep:
    You can earn money, just not major money.

I'm signed up on 2-3 websites that I use like that. From one I get about £20 a month, managed to get £50 when I was more active, another only allows cashing out at £50 so that takes about 3 months. The last one I'm about £5 away from £20 and I started 3months ago.

I'm also on some websites where occasionally you're invited to a live messager chat lasting about an hour. They ask opinions about certain things for marketing company's and give you £10-£20 for joining. No idea how I got into them tho because there's no way to invite friends or to just register on the websites.

Referral links if anyone wants them:
    Spoiler:
    Show

1. Swagbucks. Crappy name but the best one I have. Also allows to redeem just £3 Amazon voucher so easy to get something really quick if you don't want to keep using it.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/EmilyNade

2. Yougov. Actually government supported so you know it's legit. Only thing is you can only redeem £50 and one survey is usually worth £0.25 , £0.50 or £1. But you have to wait for surveys to show up.
    https://yougov.co.uk/refer/2S9KHs58lwO27DFbx5XlHg/

ReputationRep:
    I use:
    swagbucks
    yougov
    mysurvey
    panel opinion

you don't earn a huge amount but it's a little extra money here and there
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Many are scams and many aren't. It's a terribly inefficient way to earn money though. You get a very small amount of money for your time, often on the magnitude of pennies per survey. Even if you were earning 50p per survey and could complete one every 5 minutes that's still on £6 an hour. In reality that would be a decent amount for surveys, even if it's still lower than minimum wage. But these sort of numbers are not at all common and there are far better ways to earn money online.

In the short term there are more efficient ways to make money and in the long term it makes more sense to invest your time reading books or improving yourself to earn more money later on. Losing out on £20 a month from surveys now to give yourself the knowledge to earn £20 an hour more later on is well worth the investment. Think less about quick cash and consider more how you can improve your income long term. You could spend a year starting a business now and make losses every month. You'd make more money completing surveys for pennies. But maybe in a few years you start earning decent money from said business and all of a sudden your early investment of time turns into profit.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.