Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, Im planning on buying a 2007 Fiat Punto grande 5 dr with 70000 miles clocked. Was just wondering if anyone here has or had a fiat punto and whether its a car thats reliable and worth buying.

ReputationRep:
    I've got a Grande Punto (bought it in May last year) and so far it's been a great little car.
    I have the 1.2 Active 3dr and there's nothing wrong with it.
    It's slow but that's to be expected from a car like this!
    The only problem I've had is one of the rear bulbs blowing. So I only had one brake light working for a day. That's all, nothing major. Although my exhaust will need replacing soon as it's super rusted!
    But I say go for it because it's a great little car and you regret it!
    However mine doesn't that that many miles on it (42100 currently) so I can't say what that one will be like exactly but mine has been fine so far.
    Make sure to get it inspected and make sure to drive it before buying. Just to make sure it's all working as it should be.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the best first car to get?
    It helps than I'm 18 and live in Kent. I have a driveway so that should keep the insurance down.
    I'm looking at getting a car that has 70-80,000 mile on the clock, it should have 5 doors preferably and my budget is between 1,500-3,500

Also how can I revise for the theory exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkdrifter10)
    Hi guys, Im planning on buying a 2007 Fiat Punto grande 5 dr with 70000 miles clocked. Was just wondering if anyone here has or had a fiat punto and whether its a car thats reliable and worth buying.
    They are decent cars, most of the engines are fairly old and robust ones. Chassis parts are mostly shared with an Opel Corsa as are many electrical parts to it.

Just got to check the timing belt and the water pump whether it was replaced recently.
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    I got a 2003 Fiat Punto (32,000 miles on the clock). It's in perfect condition. They're great little cars . Can't wait until I pass my test to do drive it only own

ReputationRep:
    Good selection and just go for it. I used punto for 6 years. It is a nice car

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dnkz7)
    Whats the best first car to get?
    It helps than I'm 18 and live in Kent. I have a driveway so that should keep the insurance down.
    I'm looking at getting a car that has 70-80,000 mile on the clock, it should have 5 doors preferably and my budget is between 1,500-3,500

Also how can I revise for the theory exam?
    Use an app to revise for the theory.

As for first cars, I always recommend thinking outside the box. My first was a Suzuki Aerio (Liana here in the UK, as seen on Top Gear! haha), and that was a great car! Nothing ever went wrong on it, could cruise on the highway no problem at 70.

I'm trying to compile a list of cars i'd recommend buying, i'll probably post a thread on it later.

ReputationRep:
    I have a 2007 punto and for the most part it has been a really good car. It has done about 60000 miles now and the suspension has been a bit grumbly, suspect a bush issue so hopefully a cheap fix. I find the seating position to be a bit too low for my liking, but that's because I have a dodgy hip!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkdrifter10)
    Although newer puntos are better- I didn't have the best experience when I had one. Put it this way- I was on first name terms with the AA man.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.