Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have very basic python knowledge (finish codecademy/codingbat level) and HTML/CSS.
    What's the best way to put this on my PS, or is it better to not put it in at all?

Also, is there anything I can read/do within the next few months to have a better statement?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    This is my opinion so I don't know whether it's worth it or not but I would spend the next few months learning a bit more python or learning a little bit of coding for other types of code e.g. HTML , JavaScript. That way you could say you have a basic understanding of a variety of different codes (this can come in very handy) or you could put that you have a large understanding of the python coding language.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Deathlotus)
    I have very basic python knowledge (finish codecademy/codingbat level) and HTML/CSS.
    What's the best way to put this on my PS, or is it better to not put it in at all?

Also, is there anything I can read/do within the next few months to have a better statement?

Thank you!
    http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/admissions/un..._to_avoid.html and http://www.cs.ox.ac.uk/admissions/un...statement.html are worth a read (even if you're applying to other universities - this is great advice for any CS application).

ReputationRep:
    Solve Informatics Olympiad problems (try). Then the course will be a breeze for you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Find your perfect uni course

Don't know where to apply? Let our uni match maker be your guide

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.