Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, two weeks ago I got a letter from SFE that they approved my application, they included the amount of the maintenance loan that I am eligible but it is not based on household income. My problem is that I applied as an independent student and send the evidences of me supporting myself for more than three years. I'd like to know if it is normal that they send me this kind of letter and if they will send me the confirmation that they approve me as independent student and so will give me full maintenance loan.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Sherin192)
    Hi, two weeks ago I got a letter from SFE that they approved my application, they included the amount of the maintenance loan that I am eligible but it is not based on household income. My problem is that I applied as an independent student and send the evidences of me supporting myself for more than three years. I'd like to know if it is normal that they send me this kind of letter and if they will send me the confirmation that they approve me as independent student and so will give me full maintenance loan.
    SFE tell you your loan amounts in 2 stages - firstly they quickly let everyone know that they'll get the basic non-assessed loan. Then when your household income information is assessed they give you information on your final loan amounts.

Check online or ring up to find out whether your income assessment has been done yet (and if not when it should be finished).

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.