Turn on thread page Beta

Name one thing you want to do before you reach 50 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a career goal or perhaps a life goal that you want to achieve before you reach the big 5-0?

I wish to write and publish a book, the trilogy if I'm lucky
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Then for it to become a film and I become a millionaire - easy as A, B, C

ReputationRep:
    Run a marathon before I'm 20 is about as far as I've got in planning my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nimrahk123)
    Run a marathon before I'm 20 is about as far as I've got in planning my life.
    The thread was going to be 21 instead of 50, but I didn't want to exclude myself

I would love to run a marathon, my friend did the Brighton one earlier this year and it completely knackered him out! Definitely takes a lot of preparation.

ReputationRep:
    Set up a local support group for people with anxiety disorders such as OCD, panic disorder etc in my local area as the closest one currently is 30 odd miles away in Glasgow :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Be able to speak 5 languages ''fluently'' :}

I got 30 years I'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    wanna die

ReputationRep:
    Get my fifth dan black belt in wado ryu karate.

ReputationRep:
    Skydive

ReputationRep:
    Run or at least waddle the Ultra Trail du Mont Blanc.

ReputationRep:
    Not being funny but:

Live happily in a Japan metropolis with my gorgeous/successful Japanese spouse :moon:

I mean that would be the coolest thing and it's quite realistic lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    Get my fifth dan black belt in wado ryu karate.
    And live in Japan with my gangster karate master

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    And live in Japan with my gangster karate master
    Holy s***. You read my mind. How did you do that without seeing or knowing me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicst)
    wanna die
    O.O oh dear

:hugs: it's just 2016 don't worry next year will be different... If it's not the judgment day at some point this year. In which case you're in luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    O.O oh dear

:hugs: it's just 2016 don't worry next year will be different... If it's not the judgment day at some point this year. In which case you're in luck!
    Good to know that we're all trying to keep people away from dying. That's fricking awesome

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mvine001)
    Holy s***. You read my mind. How did you do that without seeing or knowing me?
    If I told you I'd have to murder you slowly
    But no you do want to do karate and I wanna go to Japan. It fits.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    Set up a local support group for people with anxiety disorders such as OCD, panic disorder etc in my local area as the closest one currently is 30 odd miles away in Glasgow :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh wow that isn't good enough being that far away! That would be really something to do, I hope you manage to do it

(Original post by Inexorably)
    Be able to speak 5 languages ''fluently'' :}

I got 30 years I'll be fine.
    I think it would take me 100 years to do that desperately failed to learn French... What languages were you looking at in particular?

(Original post by saraxh)
    Skydive
    Ah the thought of it makes me nervous and excited at the same time! I think it is my tendency to overthink the many things that could go wrong

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    If I told you I'd have to murder you slowly
    But no you do want to do karate and I wanna go to Japan. It fits.
    I doubt you could kill me. I am three belts away from black, so I reckon I could turn whatever you would use to kill me against yourself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PugDevil)
    Oh wow that isn't good enough being that far away! That would be really something to do, I hope you manage to do it

I think it would take me 100 years to do that desperately failed to learn French... What languages were you looking at in particular?

Ah the thought of it makes me nervous and excited at the same time! I think it is my tendency to overthink the many things that could go wrong
    I am already doing German and will start Russian next year at uni (well mayb self-study this year if i get off my ass) and in the second year of uni I will considering taking up Luxembourgish cause it seems interesting af

That gets me to 4 including English. I'm not sure about a 5th, but it'll probably end up being something Germanic like Danish or Dutch.

There is a small part of me that wants to keep trying to learn French as well but idk i jus cant motivate myself to learn French like I could with German.

ReputationRep:
    get into uni

ReputationRep:
    I'd definitely like to get out of the UK and spend some time, like a year or something living in a foreign country just to experience the different culture. I'd also like to experience life in a city

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.