Turn on thread page Beta

Graduate entry dentistry - where should i apply? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi Guys! I am interested in studying dentistry having graduated with a 2.1 in pharmacy. I am confused as to whether I should sit the GAMSAT or the UKCAT.

Also, do unis look at your specific grade or do they focus entirely on the classification. I've heard mixed answers to this so I am a bit concerned since i do not have a high 2.1. I got the grades ABC at a levels so I am aware I am limited in the universities that I am able to apply since some universities strictly specify B grades only.

I would appreciate any advice from you guys so I can be one step closer in achieving my dream Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am in a slightly different situation I am going into my third year of nursing child field and would like to apply for dentistry next year , I would really want to attend Birmingham bds 5 year although i have the option of doing the graduate entry , although I did science a levels they weren't very good in comparison to what was expected so I chose to do nursing however I know I can be considered with a nursing degree as I have done a lot of physiology and anatomy I would love some advice from anyone who has applied for dentistry at uob , or graduate dentistry or anyone in a similar situation .

ReputationRep:
    Hi I'm in a similar situation to you guys I am a final year biology student and I want to do graduate entry dentistry!!! Have you guys done the UKCAT yet

ReputationRep:
    In the same boat as helloimastudent. Final year neuroscience student, looking to do dentistry. Either grad or undergrad. We should all form an alliance. Did the UKCAT. Pondering the GAMSAT. Also thinking about the HPAT. If you guys have any tips or questions, sure put them here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John_Blue)
    In the same boat as helloimastudent. Final year neuroscience student, looking to do dentistry. Either grad or undergrad. We should all form an alliance. Did the UKCAT. Pondering the GAMSAT. Also thinking about the HPAT. If you guys have any tips or questions, sure put them here.
    What did you get in your UKCAT? and what are your other grades like?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by helloimastudent)
    What did you get in your UKCAT? and what are your other grades like?
    686. Like A-levels and things? AAB, 10A's at GSCE. A major thing weighing me down is I'm a medical school drop-out.

I e-mailed Aberdeen and they said they wouldn't exclude me but I realize I'm going to really polish my personal statement. I have extensive work experience, several months shadowing a private dentist both in the UK and in the republic of Ireland. I'm hoping to highlight some of the differences and remark on the similarities that made an impression, namely patient centered care.

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I Have just dropped out of medical school last year due to health reasons. I have been working in a minimum wage job full time for the mean time just until I recover before heading back to uni. I am interested in doing dentistry but am worried that they won't accept a medical school drop out?? Have you had any advice, or know which unis will consider you or won't??

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.