The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 520
Are the College Hall and Garden Hall good?
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
I put in that my budget is 180pw. How likely are they to fulfill my wish?
Any others here with unconditional firm? I heard we will get the accommodation offer this month or early August!

I was at the open day and saw Campbell House East, Campbell House West and John Adams Hall. I have to say, the rooms in the basement are so so so bad. They were damp or moldy, so the air was horrendous... just being in there for a less than a minute made my lungs hurt. That's actually really bad for your health... I hope they will sort that out.
Reply 523
Original post by r_gup
Are the College Hall and Garden Hall good?

Garden Hall is excellent
Hey guys, I already applied for accommodation at Intercollegiate Halls, but I was thinking that they may offer me a place that I find too expensive and so wouldn't it be better to apply at private housing? The problem is that I will find out how expensive it is only in late August when they answer, so I have to choose whether to risk and wait for an offer and hope it's less than 200 pounds/week or just give up on that and search now while I can still find some cheap private housing?
Reply 525
You should have entered your budget when applying

If you want to reduce that then best call them
Hey, does anyone know whether or not they have started making accommodation offers and how long it takes until you receive one after your place has been confirmed?
Original post by Thomazo
I put in that my budget is 180pw. How likely are they to fulfill my wish?

For my year, it was as if they didn't pay any attention to the form. People who had a 180pw limit were given a place around 200pw, whilst people with a 260pw limit were given a place 135pw.
My accommodation was confirmed today!! I'm in Schafer House which I'm really happy about :smile: I had an unconditional offer from applying last year and taking a gap year, so it seems like they've started sending out the offers to people with unconditionals now.
Got an offer for Frances Gardner House 2 days ago!

They are finally starting to give out offers
(edited 5 years ago)
Hi. When will they give an answer for accommodation for those who already have their results (international students) and have their place confirmed by UCL ? Thanks for your answer
Original post by Chouchou92
Hi. When will they give an answer for accommodation for those who already have their results (international students) and have their place confirmed by UCL ? Thanks for your answer

They've started sending out accommodation offers to those holding unconditional places. I've received mine but I know many people haven't yet so I'd say you should expect an offer soon. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for the email just to be safe.
Original post by roseholidays
They've started sending out accommodation offers to those holding unconditional places. I've received mine but I know many people haven't yet so I'd say you should expect an offer soon. Be sure to check your spam/junk folder for the email just to be safe.

Did u apply to any other hall etc

Such as garden halls
(edited 5 years ago)
See ya in Schafer house guys!

Offer: Unconditional. I don't know if they have started to send out accommodation to those with conditional offers. From what I know, they will wait until their offer becomes unconditional
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Qertydhbwj
Did u apply to any other hall etc

Such as garden halls

Yes, my accommodation offer was for Garden Halls.
Hi everyone,

Have any grad students received your accommodations yet, and where?
I'm wondering if they give it out by batches, according to halls.
No news yet. I’m a post grad student with unconditional offer applying to stay at Ann Stephenson.
Hi! Have any undergraduate students with conditonal firm received their accommodation offer yet?
Original post by manuxm15
Hi! Have any undergraduate students with conditonal firm received their accommodation offer yet?

I think your offer has to change to unconditional in order to receive accommodation offer. Mine changed to unconditional in late July, haven’t received anything yet. I emailed them and they told me to patiently wait because they have many applications to proccess and I’ll hear back at the end of August at latest
Original post by 4ugust3
I think your offer has to change to unconditional in order to receive accommodation offer. Mine changed to unconditional in late July, haven’t received anything yet. I emailed them and they told me to patiently wait because they have many applications to proccess and I’ll hear back at the end of August at latest

Thanks for this! My offer changed to Unconditional a week ago and I've been a bit concerned that I hadn't heard from them. Now I know I'm just being impatient. :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending