Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Putting on a Benefit concert at school Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to put on a benefit concert at my school on the bank holiday in 2018 (7th of May) as that's when my 18th birthday.I want to invite around 20,000 people and in order to make a good pitch to my head teacher, I want to have you guys give me any and all questions that he may ask. The event will hopefully go from 4pm to 10pm and in order to make it easier for my school, I will be raising funds for hiring catering, security and everything else so it wont cost my school anything. The money will be going to Music for Relief and Stonewall.I need to cover all my bases when I go back to school in September as I want him to see I am serious about this and I know what's I'm doing, such as the fact that my school will obviously be shut, although teachers will be at school.Thanks,Blade16

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blade16)
    I want to put on a benefit concert at my school on the bank holiday in 2018 (7th of May) as that's when my 18th birthday.I want to invite around 20,000 people and in order to make a good pitch to my head teacher, I want to have you guys give me any and all questions that he may ask. The event will hopefully go from 4pm to 10pm and in order to make it easier for my school, I will be raising funds for hiring catering, security and everything else so it wont cost my school anything. The money will be going to Music for Relief and Stonewall.I need to cover all my bases when I go back to school in September as I want him to see I am serious about this and I know what's I'm doing, such as the fact that my school will obviously be shut, although teachers will be at school.Thanks,Blade16
    What kind of school has room to host 20,000 people?! Besides to actually draw a crowd that large you'd have to have an established international star headlining it, plus all the support bands, staging, sound and lighting equipment, public liability insurance, clean up operations, emergency services on standby, temporary liquor license, council approval ...

... are you by any chance a multi-millionaire at 16? Haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    What kind of school has room to host 20,000 people?! Besides to actually draw a crowd that large you'd have to have an established international star headlining it, plus all the support bands, staging, sound and lighting equipment, public liability insurance, clean up operations, emergency services on standby, temporary liquor license, council approval ...

... are you by any chance a multi-millionaire at 16? Haha
    Unfortunately no....All comes down to fundraising and sponsorship, as for the venue, it would be the field .As for clean up operations, we would have to clean our the field ourselves once the concert ends as it IS a school field, have to say my head teacher wouldn't be happen if he did let the concert happen and finds the field littered with beer cans and food wrappers.Why would I need council approval? and PLI?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.