Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello. I've been offered a place at university for 2016/17 to the one I applied for

The university on sfe was different at the time of applying due to the place I was applying due to not being 100% confirmed at the time. I've received my payment timetable covering maintence, loans and fee payments etc. I've phoned student finance to change the university and they've said a change of circumstance form has been sent, I have followed their advice to not make the changes online.

I wanted to ask what the possible reasons could be for not changing the application online, I have all the details needed: course code, campus code, written evidence of offer, CRN etc... As I understand the letter can take 1-2 weeks to receive and 6 weeks to process, wouldn't online be much more convenient for SFE?

Any answers would be awesome, kindest regards,

Sy650
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Sy650)
    Hello. I've been offered a place at university for 2016/17 to the one I applied for

The university on sfe was different at the time of applying due to the place I was applying due to not being 100% confirmed at the time. I've received my payment timetable covering maintence, loans and fee payments etc. I've phoned student finance to change the university and they've said a change of circumstance form has been sent, I have followed their advice to not make the changes online.

I wanted to ask what the possible reasons could be for not changing the application online, I have all the details needed: course code, campus code, written evidence of offer, CRN etc... As I understand the letter can take 1-2 weeks to receive and 6 weeks to process, wouldn't online be much more convenient for SFE?

Any answers would be awesome, kindest regards,

Sy650
    Have you changed from a london uni to a non london uni or vice versa? otherwise i m not sure why they told you, that you needed the form.

ReputationRep:
    vice versa, at the time I didn't have the opportunity to state that I had all the information to give them over the phone.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.