Turn on thread page Beta
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Someone posted a website before where you could select your particular course (at your university) and see what percentage of students get firsts/2.1s/etc. and see the graduate destinations for people on your course. It was some kind of graduate student survey.

Anyone know what I'm talking about?

Never mind.. I found it. This can be deleted.

ReputationRep:
    Would you mind posting a link to it for the rest of us?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, please post it, sounds interesting and will be helpful to people

ReputationRep:
    hear hear!

ReputationRep:
    please do that would be cool!

ReputationRep:
    I think this might be the one they are referring to, I used it a bit when deciding where to apply: www.tqi.ac.uk

ReputationRep:
    That is a really interesting site. I am shocked I have overlooked it.

ReputationRep:
    The external examiner reports are pretty good to read too.

ReputationRep:
    Some universities (i.e. mine) decided not to participate in the National Student Survey, which part of the data is based upon; the union had a big campaign against it and derided the NSS as a waste of NUS money.

ReputationRep:
    Thats awesome quite worrying that no-one at QM got a first. Although I think thats just first year statistics.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by minelli)
    Thats awesome quite worrying that no-one at QM got a first. Although I think thats just first year statistics.
    It's done on third year results as the 2006 year at my university for the same subject- no one got a first either and I know that is definately correct for many reasons

ReputationRep:
    It said first year on QM's lil thing then I tried to click final year but it had no stats.

ReputationRep:
    It said first year on QM's lil thing then I tried to click final year but it had no stats.
    Saw your signature which says drama so had a nosey at the bit about QM.

http://www2.tqi.ac.uk/sites/tqi/inde...tudy_mode=full

That's talking final results. Where it says undergraduate - first degree, it means the student's first degree, not the first year.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, that is an interesting site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FadeToBlackout)
    Some universities (i.e. mine) decided not to participate in the National Student Survey, which part of the data is based upon; the union had a big campaign against it and derided the NSS as a waste of NUS money.
    Indeed, no information on my uni/course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickytoria77)
    Saw your signature which says drama so had a nosey at the bit about QM.

http://www2.tqi.ac.uk/sites/tqi/inde...tudy_mode=full

That's talking final results. Where it says undergraduate - first degree, it means the student's first degree, not the first year.

Oh Ic ic. Also where it says 35 students is that how many were on the drama course? That seems a little small.

ReputationRep:
    Oh Ic ic. Also where it says 35 students is that how many were on the drama course? That seems a little small.
    It is small, but you may find people have dropped out or not passed their second year so repeating it etc.

Plus it may just have been a small year

ReputationRep:
    I hope my year of drama only has 35 in it, I like small drama cliques.

ReputationRep:
    By the way, I remember looking at that site a while ago and being a bit confused by some of the stats, and I'm pretty sure I worked out that all the numbers were rounded to the nearest 5 or something. So even if it says no-one got a first, one or two might have.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.