Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do I need a 2:1 grade for each year to get 2:1 grade overall or what?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you need a 60% average across all years to get a 2:1. Years 1, 2 and 3 are often weighted differently though. At my uni 1st year doesn't count, 2nd year counts 30% and 3rd year counts 70%.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by samzy21)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You shouldn't have to, no. If your second and third year were worth 50% each you could get 55% one year and 65% the other to average 60% and a 2:1. All unis are different though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It really depends on your Uni. Some count the first year, others don't.

Most of the time it's the last 2 years which add together to determine your classification, like a 20/80 or 30/70 split.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by samzy21)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You really need to look at your student handbook/course handbook or speak to someone from your department office.

Every university and course will have different requirements for degree classifications so getting advice on what the rules are locally will beat any advice from TSR.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.