Legal question: who is considered my relaitve? Watch

majagaja
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

For my registration application I need to add reference letter. This can not be done by my relative. Now the question is : is my boyfriend family considered my relatives? We are not married. Can someone from his family give me references? Is this legally ok? I was looking for any advice on google, buy I only could find info that relatives are connected to you either by blood or marriage... But what about 'informal' relationships?

I would really appreciate some help on that as I am pretty confused.
SH0405
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by majagaja)
Hi all,

For my registration application...
Registration for what?
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
References should be independent and unbiased. So whilst you are in an informal relationship, any family or friends connection can cause problems for this purpose. Best to ask an employer or Uni to give you a professional reference. Good luck
majagaja
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Thank you very much.
Just to be clear - there are just character references not professional one. The person who is supposed to give them to me should have know me for at least 4 years...so I do not have much of a choice. And also it should be a person 'standing in community' so f.e. lecturer, bank manager etc. Obviously, I do not know anyone else for that long so it is kind of a problem...
Simonthegreat
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yes that is tricky if someone needs to know you that long. Even bank managers don't see customers as everything is done online. What is it for? Maybe you might be fine if it is nothing too heavy and just a character reference*
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1607)
79.12%
Leave (424)
20.88%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed