Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    Just a question for anyone from the UK studying/ going to study in the US, did anyone have to get a TDap vaccination before going? Apparently the TD booster we recieve in the UK isn't good enough and US colleges require an adult dose of TDap.

    I went to see a nurse at the doctors and she said I shouldn't need it, but the immunization form from the college I'm going to (Towson University) says otherwise... I've tried emailing my vaccine records to the uni but their health center is closed over summer so that's no help.

    Anyone in a similar situation? Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

    I think it might be an option to go over to the Towson school clinic and get the booster there if the UK clinic isn't really willing to provide the immunization.

    As Jon said, your uni should be able to provide it. I got my TDAP in the middle east (home) last month since I needed it, but if I didn't get it, my uni said their healthcare facility provides all necessary immunizations.
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 23, 2016
What's the best type of cheese?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.