Anyone who's studying abroad in USA: vaccine/immunization help Watch

Announcements
EnriqueShockwave
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi,

Just a question for anyone from the UK studying/ going to study in the US, did anyone have to get a TDap vaccination before going? Apparently the TD booster we recieve in the UK isn't good enough and US colleges require an adult dose of TDap.

I went to see a nurse at the doctors and she said I shouldn't need it, but the immunization form from the college I'm going to (Towson University) says otherwise... I've tried emailing my vaccine records to the uni but their health center is closed over summer so that's no help.

Anyone in a similar situation? Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.
zombiejon
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I think it might be an option to go over to the Towson school clinic and get the booster there if the UK clinic isn't really willing to provide the immunization.
Student403
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
As Jon said, your uni should be able to provide it. I got my TDAP in the middle east (home) last month since I needed it, but if I didn't get it, my uni said their healthcare facility provides all necessary immunizations.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (48)
18.18%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (107)
40.53%
Nope, not that interesting (109)
41.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise