Turn on thread page Beta

Bloody Hell watch

Announcements

Is it me or does an A* lack the "umph" that it used to have. When I heard of A*s I thought how amazing it would be to get one, but now I'm worrying about not getting all A*s or mostly A*s!!!

Please tell me it is just me, or is it true that the value of high grades is decreasing as so many just talk about them as if they are nothing (including myself). It has got to the point where the next stage is aiming to be the best in the country!

gcses r relly easy but i think if u get a G or abuv u hav dun really well

ReputationRep:
    I messed up my GCSEs completely. I did no coursework, no exam revision and no 'subject exploring'. I spent every lesson drawing in my book, waiting for hometime. When I got my GCSEs, I got about 7 Ds 2 Es and an F. If I had applied myself I think I could have done a LOT better. But, it just goes to show that you can still pass by doing nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    I messed up my GCSEs completely. I did no coursework, no exam revision and no 'subject exploring'. I spent every lesson drawing in my book, waiting for hometime. When I got my GCSEs, I got about 7 Ds 2 Es and an F. If I had applied myself I think I could have done a LOT better. But, it just goes to show that you can still pass by doing nothing.
    ER no offence but most people consider a pass at GCSE to be a grade C or above so although tecnically you passed 9 a lot of people will tell you that you passed 0

ReputationRep:
    So if a D's not a pass, what's a U?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pencil)
    So if a D's not a pass, what's a U?
    An A*-C is classed as a "good GCSE pass", a D-G a lower GCSE pass and a U is a fail.

(Original post by rowei)
    An A*-C is classed as a "good GCSE pass", a D-G a lower GCSE pass and a U is a fail.

No what are you talking about A-G is a pass, U is a fail. A pass is a pass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unregistered)
    No what are you talking about A-G is a pass, U is a fail. A pass is a pass.
    Employers and Colleges only care about GCSEs A*-C other than that its Bye Bye.
    I, also, believe on a CV and Application Form for jobs your only supposed to be GCSEs A-C down...

Stop living on Cloud Unregistered and join the real world.

(Original post by a_musical_gal)
    I, also, believe on a CV and Application Form for jobs your only supposed to be GCSEs A-C down...

I don't agree. Yes, A-C are the most desirable grades and are apparently the equivalent of the old O-Levels. But technically a pass is anything other than a U. I got 6 B's and 3 C's at GCSE so i'm not biased or anything. But you'll find that a pass IS anything from A-G. Even a G is a pass.

ReputationRep:
    I don't agree. Yes, A-C are the most desirable grades and are apparently the equivalent of the old O-Levels. But technically a pass is anything other than a U. I got 6 B's and 3 C's at GCSE so i'm not biased or anything. But you'll find that a pass IS anything from A-G. Even a G is a pass.
    What I posted what that my science teacher, english and career advisor said

Also, on alot of job application forms you don't even have to put a grade down, just the GCSE's that you have PASSED. If only A-C were passes and the only worthy grades then what would be the point in having D-G? If D-G are worthless then the examing boards might as well make it A, B, C and U. See what I mean? I am right I know I am.

ReputationRep:
    What I posted what that my science teacher, english and career advisor said
    most colleges require 5 A*-C gcse's for entry

(Original post by Ollie)
    most colleges require 5 A*-C gcse's for entry

Yes I know that. The point i'm trying to make is that all A-G is a pass pure and simple, U is a fail. Yes A-C grades are held in the highest esteem out of all the grades though, particularly when applying for college to do A-Levels you need them.

stop pls. whats the point

ReputationRep:
    Yes I know that. The point i'm trying to make is that all A-G is a pass pure and simple, U is a fail. Yes A-C grades are held in the highest esteem out of all the grades though, particularly when applying for college to do A-Levels you need them.
    agreed, A*-G is a pass. cant argue with that!

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.