Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hello everybody,

    I study Film and TV (in English) in Istanbul. I'm in the 3rd grade 2nd semester. I have 3 semesters to graduate from Bachelor. Our credit system American, ETSC

    As far as you know safety situations are really bad and I think it's getting really worse in Istanbul. I'm the dual citizen, British and Turkish.

    I've called some universities in London and asked them which grade I can start after I transferred my lectures, they replied that you can start from the maximum level 2nd grade 1st semester.

    is the time too late to apply for studance loan, fund or bursaries? Normally, how long does it take to apply for transferring and start the uni in the UK?

    Thanks for your answers.

    Hi, we don't have any funds or bursaries anymore, so those can't be applied for even for home students. As for loans, you haven't lived in the UK for the last 3 years, so you cannot apply for any of these either, your best bet would be to try asking if there's any scholarships at Universities you're looking at, although the chance of this is probably slim.

    My advice? Stick it out in Turkey, the upheaval of moving your entire life to here is a massive task even when you do have the money, let alone when you don't.

    Having a British passport makes no difference - its where you live not your nationality that counts. You or your parents do not live in the UK/EU and do not pay tax here. You cannot therefore expect an education with subsidised fees. You would be classed as an International applicant from Turkey - and you are not entitled to any sort of UK student loan as you are not a UK/EU resident applicant.

    Finish your degree in Turkey. Once you have graduated, you could come to the UK on your British passport and work here for 3 years to qualify as a Home applicant for postgraduate.
    • Thread Starter

    What if I try to apply EU universities teaches in English? Am I gonna be overseas student again for my Master studies?

    (Original post by omkaydi)
    What if I try to apply EU universities teaches in English? Am I gonna be overseas student again for my Master studies?
    It will depend on the country, although the situation will probably be very similar to here because Turkey isn't in the EU (as of now).
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.