Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

Celebs who said they were going to take in a refugee family (left wing hypocrisy) watch

ReputationRep:
    Remember back in the autumn when the refugee crisis was dominating the news, with a load of well-known public figures criticising David Cameron for not taking in more refugees, and saying that they would take some families in?

Let's have a look at those celebrities who said that they would gladly shelter some refugees:

Yvette Cooper
    Nicola Sturgeon
    Bob Geldof
    Jude Law
    Stan Collymore
    JK Rowling
    Charlotte Church
    Russell Brand
    And countless Guardian journalists

Now, guess what all these people also have in common, apart from saying that they will take in refugees. Yes, that's right, NONE of them took in a single refugee. But hey, they got a few thousand retweets and felt good for saying they were going to do it.left

ReputationRep:
    More attacks on the left wing when clearly its the right wing who want to isolate themselves from the outside world, lmfao.

ReputationRep:
    *sigh*
    By analogy, I would very much like pensioners to be supported by the state, to which I pay tax, but I wouldn't go out and hand money to pensioners if the government didn't. Supporting taking in refugees is not synonymous with taking refugees in one's home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nexttimeigetvpn)
    More attacks on the left wing when clearly its the right wing who want to isolate themselves from the outside world, lmfao.
    What a vague and meaningless sentence with no argument. How about you respond to my OP?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oShahpo)
    *sigh*
    By analogy, I would very much like pensioners to be supported by the state, to which I pay tax, but I wouldn't go out and hand money to pensioners if the government didn't. Supporting taking in refugees is not synonymous with taking refugees in one's home.
    They said they would take them in their very own homes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richpanda)
    What a vague and meaningless sentence with no argument. How about you respond to my OP?
    These people are saying that they would gladly take in refugees if they had to, not that they are going to. Its a strange and confusing world, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    J K ROWLING can easily do it!

ReputationRep:
    They said they would take them in their very own homes.
    Is that legal?

ReputationRep:
    These people are saying that they would gladly take in refugees if they had to, not that they are going to. Its a strange and confusing world, isn't it?
    No, they said that they will take some families in to their homes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingleberry jam)
    Is that legal?
    As long as the government gives them refugee status (which they are likely to do if they know they can get a home)

ReputationRep:
    As long as the government gives them refugee status (which they are likely to do if they know they can get a home)
    Where do you sign up to get one?

ReputationRep:
    No, they said that they will take some families in to their homes
    Be so kind as to send proof that each of these people said that they are going to take in refugees.

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately this is to be expected from the left - they're a load of pathological liars. If they're all so pro-"refugee" they should just move to Syria or wherever themselves and let a "refugee" take their place.

ReputationRep:
    Some parts of the world should be isolated.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingleberry jam)
    Where do you sign up to get one?
    You can apply through charities or for 'philanthropic landlord' status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    Some parts of the world should be isolated.
    The more interconnected we are, the sooner we can stop focusing on petty racial, religious and ideological differences and the sooner we can work together as a species to eliminate the serious threats to our existence.

Generally speaking, Tories and Republicans want to keep things the way they are, and not make progress on this.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/pe...-10484894.html

#refugeeswelcome =/= refugees can stay in my house

ReputationRep:
    Be so kind as to send proof that each of these people said that they are going to take in refugees.
    I'm not to spend ages getting it from each one, but here are a couple:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...yrian-refugees

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...fugees-welcome

I know you're going to say that they only 'offered', but the truth is that if you really want to take in a family, you can.

ReputationRep:
    The more interconnected we are, the sooner we can stop focusing on petty racial, religious and ideological differences and the sooner we can work together as a species to eliminate the serious threats to our existence.

Generally speaking, Tories and Republicans want to keep things the way they are, and not make progress on this.
    The way things are is better than he way things may well go if our countries are filled with muslims.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    The way things are is better than he way things may well go if our countries are filled with muslims.
    Our countries are already filled up with Muslims, stop blaming your petty problems on a foreign religion.

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.