The Student Room Group

transferring 2nd year

Hey guys,
Unfortunately I failed my 2nd year at my university. however i am currently in the process of an appeal to retake 2nd year with a extenuating circumstance. however the reply will be given in 28 days. however i have asked another university for a place in 2nd year and they have given me an offer, but to accept the offer i have a few days left. therefore i was wondering can i apply for this other university and enrol, and if my university lets me retake i can withdraw from my back up university. this is because i dont want to be left without a place at all. or does anyone know any other way to extend the deadline for my offer from university number 2?

thanks
muhammed hakum
Original post by Hakum
Hey guys,
Unfortunately I failed my 2nd year at my university. however i am currently in the process of an appeal to retake 2nd year with a extenuating circumstance. however the reply will be given in 28 days. however i have asked another university for a place in 2nd year and they have given me an offer, but to accept the offer i have a few days left. therefore i was wondering can i apply for this other university and enrol, and if my university lets me retake i can withdraw from my back up university. this is because i dont want to be left without a place at all. or does anyone know any other way to extend the deadline for my offer from university number 2?

thanks
muhammed hakum

Your UCAS application is independent of your appeal at your current university.

As long as you formally withdraw from your current course before enrolling on the new one (or withdraw your application before re-enrolling on your current course) then it's fine to have both options open.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending