Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does dating get harder once you get past 25? Watch

ReputationRep:
    When i was 18 and in my early 20s i was ugly and fatter than i was now. I stopped dating for a long time and i became a bit of a recluse with depression. Lately I've been in the gym 4-5 mornings a week and focussing on other things and my health really is improving. Still a way to go, but I can see a positive future now. Initially the reason why I went to the gym was to build a body that would attract women, but it's become much more than that. It's like the gym is my cave lol. It's medication.

I'm 27 now It seems harder to meet and interact with women my age that are single. I feel as though I sort of missed out. I kinda wish i hit the gym and started focussing on myself earlier. All the women i meet that are my age seem to be in relationships and are settling down. I've been out of the night scene and social scene outside of the gym and i just feel lost now. How the hell do you actually meet women past 25? When i was younger it seemed so simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think you're probably still marketable to early 30s.

ReputationRep:
    I would say age doesn't really make it harder

(Original post by jblackmoustache)
    When i was 18 and in my early 20s i was ugly and fatter than i was now. I stopped dating for a long time and i became a bit of a recluse with depression. Lately I've been in the gym 4-5 mornings a week and focussing on other things and my health really is improving. Still a way to go, but I can see a positive future now. Initially the reason why I went to the gym was to build a body that would attract women, but it's become much more than that. It's like the gym is my cave lol. It's medication.

I'm 27 now It seems harder to meet and interact with women my age that are single. I feel as though I sort of missed out. I kinda wish i hit the gym and started focussing on myself earlier. All the women i meet that are my age seem to be in relationships and are settling down. I've been out of the night scene and social scene outside of the gym and i just feel lost now. How the hell do you actually meet women past 25? When i was younger it seemed so simple.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pretty much. Everyone in their mid 20s are in LTRS and are settling down. Try different channels...plenty of Asian women out there!

ReputationRep:
    I'd say confidence is the main key and age doesn't really matter.

Guy I'm seeing is 27 & I'm 23

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I plan to marry someone like 10 years younger when I'm 30

ReputationRep:
    Why not date younger girls (say 22+)?

ReputationRep:
    yeah I would say it is more of them are in long term relationships which they are less likely to consider ending some are even married etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GlitterandGold-x)
    Why not date younger girls (say 22+)?
    I dunno. I've yet to meet a younger girl who i would like to go on a date with and spend more than just one night with. Yeah there are women out there i'd love to bang, but i'm after more than that. It just feels as though with the majority of women under 25 there's a huge difference with maturity. There are definitely exceptions out there, but i've yet to meet one (who's single).

It's funny because when you're my age you actually have more cash to actually take women out on dates and throw away compared to when you were 22.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For women yes.

Easy way to seduce a **** is to play on her age, do it indirectly, 'don't you pity those women who are past their prime'
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    As above, women, then yes, but for non obese men with a decent career, half a tolerable personality and sustained periods of sanity, then it should be easier for years to come.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.