Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, can anyone help me.. basically I know I'm going to go through clearing, because Ive decided I dont want to go to my firm choice anymore (winchester) and instead i want to go to my insurance choice (portsmouth).. my question is, because of this, should I start looking for private housings now while there are still a lot of options, or wait after my results come through? Because I've found some houses through student pad but Im not sure if when i find one, Im suppose to also look for roomates?

ReputationRep:
    I'd get in contact with UCAS first and withdraw your offer from Winchester and find out if you can get Portsmouth as your firm before results day... do you know if your course is in clearing?

If you want to look for private housing now, i'd recommend going through http://www.portsmouthstudentpad.co.uk/Accommodation because it's safe as it's through the uni

I'd recommend joining the freshers Facebook page to look for roomates- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1704117349817620/ people post houses/ ask for an extra roommate and it's an easy way to get chatting to people and get to know them before you move in:P

I would get in contact with the housing dept. at the uni now and discuss your query: be nice to them though, they've had a lot of obnoxious tweets/ phone calls in the last few days regarding halls! hahaha.

All the best

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I'll try do that, and no i dont know if my course is in clearing :/ is there a way to know?
    and thank you for the links!

ReputationRep:
    Name:  Screen Shot 2016-07-23 at 17.43.49.png
Views: 162
Size:  22.3 KB
    If you go onto your course's page on the portsmouth website this should be near the top (This is Biology BSc). Give them a call nevertheless to find out for certain and discuss how you should proceed.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there!

Go check out Unilife! Unilife Student accommodation offers a safe, stylish and comfortable space for you to relax, study and enjoy with friends. All of our studios include unlimited high speed internet, laundry credits, your own smart TV and the luxury of a double bed with en-suite; while also being able to enjoy the great social spaces provided too - including a gym, communal and study area.

Unilife creates the ultimate student living experience, if you're interested don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] or you could go and check out our website https://www.unilife.co.uk

Good luck in your search!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 9, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.