Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am commencing a foundation year in September for Biology and Chemistry. It is a part time course but is only 30 sessions (6hrs each). I have been advised that I will have to do 12 hours of work on top of that each week

I am in a bit of a quandry as I am swapping roles at the Met police to something that is a lot more flexible and will allow me not to work on the days I am going to be attending classes. However if or when I do get into uni in London next year, it will no longer be an option to work there as there is no way I am going to be able to do uni and carry out my role part time

There is another role in the pipeline which I am on hold for and looks like I might get however the training period might mean I have to switch the days I will be attending classes for 6 weeks :confused: However securing this role would mean that I could carry it on during uni and not have to look for any other work and it pays well

PS I am also beginning to panic now and rarely ever do
    Do I just go for the first role and drop it when I start uni or wait to see how long the second role will take t come through

ReputationRep:
    I would suggest asking your college/uni if they would mind you changing days. The latter option you suggested sounds far more reasonable, and as long as you enjoy the job (and if it pays well) then it would be advisable to continue it during your time at uni.

However, you really need to know if it will be possible for you to change days. I cannot see it being a huge problem if it's only for a six week period.

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.