The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Atlas Thugged
If you think that literally means every man prior to 1991 was either a homophobic or a rapist, you're a fool.

i claimed no such thing, fool

You might wish to check your sources, the link clearly proves I am right.

1537: Pope Paul III forbids slavery of the indigenous peoples of the Americas as well as of any other new population that would be discovered, indicating their right to freedom and property (Sublimus Deus). However, only Catholic countries apply it, and state that they cannot possibly enforce what happens in the distant colonies. - so not abolished ok

1542: Spain enacted the New Laws, abolishing slavery of Native Americans in 1542. But replaced it with other systems of forced labor such as repartimiento. Slavery of Black Africans was not abolished.- so still not actually abolished

1569: An English court case involving Cartwright, who had brought a slave from Russia, ruled that English law could not recognise slavery. - here we are

Look prior to the 1500s, genius
Original post by DauntlessOne
No, just Islamist sympathisers.

Islamist/terrorist sympathiser is one of those words you numpties throw out when your hollow argument is exposed
Original post by blah3210
i claimed no such thing, fool

Then what relevance did it have?

Original post by blah3210

Look prior to the 1500s, genius

Apart from some obscure Croatian kingdom, none of them really banned slavery or they banned it they brought it back
Original post by oShahpo
You're trying to use this tragedy, the fresh blood of the murdered ones to further your own stupid ill-founded cause, without waiting to hear the intricacies and details of the shooting.

Am I? Where?

I have no agenda other than seeking truth. You've just made that stuff up. Please learn basic reading comprehension before accusing me of such heinous acts.

Anyway, as we begin to try and make sense of what has happened, the discussion of possible motives and political (/ religious) affiliations should not be off the menu just because you--or anyone else, for that matter--says so..
Screen Shot 2016-07-22 at 20.15.48.jpg

interesting development, but I would be hasty to trust the Daily Mirror, but if true, are we seeing the start of right-wing anti-immigrant terrorism?
Original post by Sir Fox
Ahem, we shouldn't bash Islam in general. BUT the way these events have unfolded almost every time over the past years, there's about a 99% chance these guys are Islamists.

Why shouldn't we bash Islam?

It's the single main cause of terrorism all over the Middle east and the world.

Following it down to the letter leads to radicalisation which leads to terrorism, which leads to the death of Millions and over 28,000 different terrorist attacks since 9/11
You guys realise that the shooter is a white male Neo-Nazi?

Lets leave the Islam bashing to another day
Original post by Momma's Kumquat
Am I? Where?

I have no agenda other than seeking truth. You've just made that stuff up. Please learn basic reading comprehension before accusing me of such heinous acts.

Anyway, as we begin to try and make sense of what has happened, the discussion of possible motives and political (/ religious) affiliations should not be off the menu just because you--or anyone else, for that matter--says so..

I had this argument with about two posters above. You're implying that the ban of guns in Germany did not stop the atrocity, as if this means that we should abolish the idea of banning guns or that the US should not consider banning them, while the truth is that this problem may not even have anything to do with internal gun control, rather immigration and foreign policy.

Btw I am not arguing whether or not the terrorist is Muslim, he most likely is anyway, I am arguing about the gun control point.

Anyway Kudos to you for recognising that politicising tragedies is a "heinous" act, I respect that, unlike others you didn't justify it by saying "Obama does it".
Original post by TelAviv
Reports are saying that according to police radio, up to 30 shots have been fired and 15 dead.

Europe needs to get smart!

Spoiler

Well not justifying it but the west is bombing Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria with innocents killed, the west say it's collateral. Why? These people have no planes or tanks so they retalliate this way of shooting, bombs, trucks. Again not justifying it but why is the lives of europeans & americans worth more,than those of muslims?

Foreign policies need to be changed or this,won't stop!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
yes it does, I worry for the muslims who are harassed every time there is an attack

Worry first and foremost about the people who have been killed or injured by the attackers. It's incredibly insensitive to be thinking of the impact on Muslims first.

interesting development, but I would be hasty to trust the Daily Mirror, but if true, are we seeing the start of right-wing anti-immigrant terrorism?

Lots of people are refuting this, saying it was shouted at the shooter
Original post by oShahpo
I had this argument with about two posters above. You're implying that the ban of guns in Germany did not stop the atrocity, as if this means that we should abolish the idea of banning guns or that the US should not consider banning them, while the truth is that this problem may not even have anything to do with internal gun control, rather immigration and foreign policy.

Btw I am not arguing whether or not the terrorist is Muslim, he most likely is anyway, I am arguing about the gun control point.

Anyway Kudos to you for recognising that politicising tragedies is a "heinous" act, I respect that, unlike others you didn't justify it by saying "Obama does it".

He isn't
Original post by NotAboutLies
Following it down to the letter leads to radicalisation which leads to terrorism, which leads to the death of Millions and over 28,000 different terrorist attacks since 9/11

Source. That sounds far too high.
Original post by TelAviv

False.

The shooter is as white as snow.
Original post by TelAviv

great use of sources
Original post by Sir Fox
Ahem, we shouldn't bash Islam in general. BUT the way these events have unfolded almost every time over the past years, there's about a 99% chance these guys are Islamists.

Islam should be openly criticized just like any other religion. I mean...you can't exactly label Islam as the religion of peace and tolerance when there are people jailed or killed for trying to talk about the flaws of the religion.

Anniversary of Denmark attacks, could be a connection

Are they killing non whites? Not clear at the moment...

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys realise that the shooter is a white male Neo-Nazi?

Lets leave the Islam bashing to another day

Oh Bugger! I had my violent Quranic verses ready... Another day it is!
Original post by oShahpo
Oh Bugger! I had my violent Quranic verses ready... Another day it is!

It's like you're reading my mind, because that's exactly what I was about to say.

Muslims 1 -0 Racists LOL
What does that even mean?

He's sarcastically saying that anyone who doesn't generalise against ALL Muslims is a terrorist-sympathiser.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending