Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Slight dilemma and in need of some advice.

Basically im all signed up to go back to PGL this year for the summer but as its a fixed wage im only likley to bring home about £650 after working there and as my contract runs out on the 5th id have 2 or 3 weeks left doing nothing.

I am now considering staying here and getting some bar work or going on the bank to earn more cash, but it means living at my friends house till the the 1st of september or so (i have said il pay money towards rent and food) I am more likely to earn more cash this way but i have 3 weeks to find a job that will offer me loads of hours

So bascially im asking what i should do? Do i carry on with the plan or stay here?

Thanks in advance

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I would go for PGL. Sounds a lot more fun than working all hours god sends in a bar.

Also, you have no guarantees of getting a job if you stay, whereas the PGL thing is in the bag as they say!

Plus you can use the 3 weeks left after the contract finishes to do temping or go on holiday.

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd personally prefer the PGL experience but the money would encourage me to stay and get another job. Can you get out of the PGL job easily?

ReputationRep:
    its a 4 week notice thing once ove started so i wouldnt be able to get out that quickly. Ive got till the 2nd of aug before i have to move out

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.