The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

So what's the Canterbury campus like?

I want to do either an accounting and finance or computing degree, my friends always say they've heard bad things and honestly I don't understand why. I'll be studying at the Canterbury campus if I go. My other choices are Leicester and Canterbury Christ Church. A couple of my friends are going to CCCU and this is swaying me a little but UoK is ranked higher and seems to have better prospects despite the seemingly bad reputation.
Reply 1
I was there in 2008-2011, so a fair amount of time ago by now...but I had no issues with it at all, and I don't think it had a bad reputation then!

The accommodation has had a lot of changes since I went (but in a good way!), but the campus is obviously not that much different, and it was fine. There's one club on campus (although I was never a massive fan, but in the big scheme of things, it's fine!), there's 5 or 6 bars so nightlife on campus is good and there's loads of pubs and bars in town obviously. There's a small SU shop, which is pretty average, same as most unis I'd guess. Library I am not an expert on (I may have gone in there a grand total of 3 times during my 3 years...), but seems fine, lecture theatres are nice and big, the facilities are good and the teaching tends to be very good.

Don't worry about the rankings too much either way, the most important thing is to go to the uni where you feel happiest and where you're most interested in the course content ultimately. But don't let other people's comments about the campus put you off - I had no issues with it at all, and neither did anyone else I knew there!
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 2
Uok is on the hill and Uccc is in town. I have never had any problem with Kent, except sometimes I run out of breath walking up the hill :biggrin:. Leicester and Kent or UCCC are very different unis as Kent is in the country side and Leicester is in a larger city. I really love Kent, it is different to the other university, people are friendlier and I love the small community feel to the campus and town.

Quick Reply

Latest