19 - Burnley
    20 - Hull City
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    4 Arsenal

I'll fill in the rest later.

ReputationRep:
    1 United,2 Arsenal,3 City,4 Chelsea,5 Liverpool,6 Spurs,7 West Ham,8 Everton,9 Leicester,10 Stoke,11 Southampton,!2 Bournemouth,13 Swansea,14 Palace,15 WBA,16 Sunderland,17 Middlesbrough18,Watford,19 Burnley,20 Hull

But I will no doubt wish to tweak (not that it will make much difference.)

ReputationRep:
    1 - Manchester United
    2 - Manchester City
    3 - Arsenal
    4 - Tottenham
    5 - Liverpool
    6 - Everton
    7 - Leicester
    8 - West Ham
    9 - Chelsea
    10 - Stoke
    11 - Southampton
    12 - West Brom
    13 - Crystal Palace
    14 - Swansea City
    15 - Middlesbrough
    16 - Sunderland
    17 - Bournemouth
    18 - Watford
    19 - Burnley
    20 - Hull City

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea
    Man city
    Arsenal
    Man united
    Spurs
    Leicster
    Liverpool
    ---
    rest.

ReputationRep:
    1 - Liverpool
    2 - don't care
    etc

:awesome:

ReputationRep:
    How come people are predicting Leicester to finish midtable, is it just because they lost Kante? He certainly isn't irreplaceable, I don't see why they'd slip down so far when they were CONSISTENTLY the best side the year before.

I'm a little unsure on Hull finishing 20th. They have a better squad than two years ago and if they get Martinez - a manager who'll be able to get more out of them than Bruce. Players like Livermore and Huddlestone may excel as opposed to having deadwood like Meyler starting ahead of them. Their situation is precarious atm, but that's just the nature of the beast with the Allam's.

My prediction for the league table:

1. Man Utd
    2. Man City
    3. Chelsea
    4. Arsenal
    5. Leicester
    6. Liverpool
    7. Spurs
    8. West Ham
    9. Everton
    10. Watford
    11. Southampton
    12. Crystal Palace
    13. Stoke
    14. Swansea
    15. West Brom
    16. Sunderland
    17. Hull
    18. Bournemouth
    19. Middlesbrough
    20. Burnley

ReputationRep:
    Man City to come top, Man Utd have not got a chance against City.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James.Carnell)
    Man City to come top, Man Utd have not got a chance against City.
    And how do you know this already when you don't know how either side will line up or how players will gel?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diego Costa)
    And how do you know this already when you don't know how either side will line up or how players will gel?
    The players. Man Utd's team is full of players that are all not quite up to scratch. Mkh (massively overrated, his stats from last year are an anomaly based on his overall standard of play)? Rooney? Depay? Martial?

They are massively overhyped. Pogba included.

Mourinho will fail big time. If he does well this season, he will fail in 3-4 years. Point is, he will fail.

ReputationRep:
    The players. Man Utd's team is full of players that are all not quite up to scratch. Mkh (massively overrated, his stats from last year are an anomaly based on his overall standard of play)? Rooney? Depay? Martial?

They are massively overhyped. Pogba included.

Mourinho will fail big time. If he does well this season, he will fail in 3-4 years. Point is, he will fail.
    Firstly, Martial is clearly up to scratch and will likely get better. And secondly, it's a little inaccurate to hint that Mkhitaryan is a one hit wonder, given he was in the Bundesliga team of the year in 13/14. I could easily point to key Man City players like Kolarov, Mangala, Bony who aren't good enough and the likes of Silva, Toure, Kompany and Zabaleta who's careers look done. All of it is pretty pointless though when you have no idea how either side will line up or who they'll purchase.

My point regarding you not knowing who will start manifests itself again. What's the guarantee Rooney and Memphis start? Man Utd might have a front four of Ibra with Martial, Pogba and Mkhitaryan behind him. It's also very feasible Man Utd buy more players given that the window is open for over four more weeks.

The only clubs Mourinho were sacked by were Chelsea and Real and they have notoriously poor records with managers.

ReputationRep:
    Firstly, Martial is clearly up to scratch and will likely get better. And secondly, it's a little inaccurate to hint that Mkhitaryan is a one hit wonder, given he was in the Bundesliga team of the year in 13/14. I could easily point to key Man City players like Kolarov, Mangala, Bony who aren't good enough and the likes of Silva, Toure, Kompany and Zabaleta who's careers look done. All of it is pretty pointless though when you have no idea how either side will line up or who they'll purchase.

My point regarding you not knowing who will start manifests itself again. What's the guarantee Rooney and Memphis start? Man Utd might have a front four of Ibra with Martial, Pogba and Mkhitaryan behind him. It's also very feasible Man Utd buy more players given that the window is open for over four more weeks.

The only clubs Mourinho were sacked by were Chelsea and Real and they have notoriously poor records with managers.
    Not sure if Man Utd fan or deluded.

ReputationRep:
    1 Everton
    2. Chelsea
    3. City
    4. Arsenlol
    5. Spuds
    6. Utd
    7. Leicester
    8. Stoak
    9. Wham
    10. Sthampton

ReputationRep:
    How come people are predicting Leicester to finish midtable, is it just because they lost Kante? He certainly isn't irreplaceable, I don't see why they'd slip down so far when they were CONSISTENTLY the best side the year before
    I think everyone expected Mahrez to leave too which will be a big blow.

Leicester had the perfect season last year with little to no injuries to key players.
    Will they have another perfect season? Can Vardy score 24 league goals again? Can they replace Mahrez's creativity and goals?
    How will they cope with the demands of CL football?
    How will they deal with every team wanting to beat the current champions/shutting up shop since a point would be a decent result against Leicester come next season?

ReputationRep:
    MU MC CHE LIV ARS TOT LEI WHU EVE SOT
    the others are too close to call...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    I think everyone expected Mahrez to leave too which will be a big blow.
    Nothing concrete has come for him yet. The bookies are also leaning toward him staying at Leicester this season.

Leicester had the perfect season last year with little to no injuries to key players.
    Will they have another perfect season?
    So did Spurs but people are only predicting them to fall two or three spots. The only injury they had was Vertonghen for ten games.

Can Vardy score 24 league goals again? Can they replace Mahrez's creativity and goals?
    How will they cope with the demands of CL football?
    Vardy doesn't need to if Leicester keep getting clean sheets. As I've mentioned I think Mahrez is staying and as for CL football, assuming they win it (obviously unlikely but never say never) it's only 13 extra games.

How will they deal with every team wanting to beat the current champions/shutting up shop since a point would be a decent result against Leicester come next season?
    That already happened at the end of last season when they had all those 1-0's.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if Man Utd fan or deluded.
    I love it when idiots like you can't accept an alternate view so resort to insults.

ReputationRep:
    1. Man City
    2. Man Utd
    3. Spurs
    4. Chelsea
    --------------------
    5. Arsenal
    6. Liverpool
    7. West Ham
    --------------------
    8. Southampton
    9. Stoke
    10. Everton
    11. Leicester
    12. West Brom
    13. Swansea
    14. Crystal Palace
    15. Bournemouth
    16. Sunderland
    17. Burnley
    --------------------
    18. Watford
    19. Hull
    20. Middlesbrough

ReputationRep:
    Nothing concrete has come for him yet. The bookies are also leaning toward him staying at Leicester this season.

So did Spurs but people are only predicting them to fall two or three spots. The only injury they had was Vertonghen for ten games.

Vardy doesn't need to if Leicester keep getting clean sheets. As I've mentioned I think Mahrez is staying and as for CL football, assuming they win it (obviously unlikely but never say never) it's only 13 extra games.

That already happened at the end of last season when they had all those 1-0's.
    Well until Mahrez signs a new contract, I'm going to assume he's leaving.

Spurs have a bigger squad and which is younger. Kane has had 2 strong seasons of scoring. Spurs going from 6th to 2nd in the last couple of seasons shows more consistency and so people think they are less likely to drop as far.

It's not just extra CL games, it's playing a huge high profile game mid-week and then playing again at the weekend. Spurs for a long time have struggled with European midweek and then usually a poor result the following weekend for example.

Next season will be more extreme and everyone will have spent more time trying to suss them out. I don't think Leicester will always be losing next season but more 1-0s will become 1-1s for example which drops them down the table.

ReputationRep:
    City looked a lot better than Utd did against Dortmund. Diego Costa will be sucking my **** by the end of the season, enjoy a *** in mouth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 3, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.