Turn on thread page Beta

ive just found out that im 6 weeks pregnant, and am absolutely terrified of telling my parents as they also dont know about my boyfriend, so i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to tell them?
    thanks
    xx

ReputationRep:
    Just be honest, make sure it's in a relaxed environment and don't let them interupt.

Expect them to be annoyed/angry/upset/disappointed.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    You could always abort.

ReputationRep:
    I'd just sit them down, tell them that you've been seeing someone for a while and one thing led to another in your relationship and you've just found out that you're pregnant.
    I'd think about and plan what you're gonna say if I were you. good luck.

ReputationRep:
    just be like.. ive got something to tell you.. theyl probably guess! itll b fine dont worry! how old are you?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RockyApolla)
    You could always abort.
    She might be doing that, she hasn't said.

Either way, she's telling her parents..

i have spoken to my boyfriend about it and we have decided not to abort, im 18 and he's 27

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovychez89)
    just be like.. ive got something to tell you.. theyl probably guess! itll b fine dont worry!
    never become an agony aunt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randomgirl)
    She might be doing that, she hasn't said.

Either way, she's telling her parents..
    Good luck to her. Though, if she is cunning enough, she could claim "I got virgin Mary'd!" and pretend she woke up 6 weeks pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i have spoken to my boyfriend about it and we have decided not to abort, im 18 and he's 27
    Oh great, a cradle snatcher for a father. To be honest, there is only way to sort this out. Sit your parents down and tell them straight. Let the **** hit the fan and just pray, pray like you've never prayed before. Pray so hard til your palms bleed.

My prayers are with you.

ReputationRep:
    wel ur old enough to take care of yourself! at least your not like 12 x

ReputationRep:
    ive just found out that im 6 weeks pregnant, and am absolutely terrified of telling my parents as they also dont know about my boyfriend, so i was just wondering if anyone had any advice on how to tell them?
    thanks
    xx
    as others have said probably the best way is to tell them you need to talk to them about something important and explain things through- if you have a brother or sister you could confide in first that may help as all parents are different and they may also have ideas about what you could say. if you really can't face telling them in person you could consider writing them a letter?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by groovychez89)
    just be like.. ive got something to tell you.. theyl probably guess! itll b fine dont worry! how old are you?!
    shes extremly brave in doing so!

ReputationRep:
    rockyapolla and rockyk I don't think you are offering particularly constructive advice..

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, your parents concern for you will outweigh any anger they might feel. I don' think there's anything you can do but tell them straight. I'm sure they'll stick with you- you are their daughter. The main concern is probably the age difference between you and your boyfriend... good luck, and try not to worry so much, which is probably not the easiest thing to do... but try...

i wish i did have an older brother or sister i could confide in cos at least then i would have some support, but unfortunetly i am the oldest child within the whole family,
    other ideas i have though of are writing a letter (wouldnt know what to say within it) and also confiding in a college tutor and asking her to call my mum in so we could chat

its basically her fault, she should just tell her parents. no one forced her to have sex with her bf, if you are having sex you should be mature enough to deal with the consequences.

stop wasting thread space with this rubbish.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    My advice would be however hard it is, they have a right to know.

ReputationRep:
    its basically her fault, she should just tell her parents. no one forced her to have sex with her bf, if you are having sex you should be mature enough to deal with the consequences.

stop wasting thread space with this rubbish.

:dito:

but i dont agree with the last line through !

ReputationRep:
    guys if you not gonna answer appropriately dont bother!

i just try and find a correct moment.

maybe if you feel more confortable tell one at a time.

my friends been through this (although she was 16)

she approached her mum first because she thought she'd be more undertsanding.

good look and everything will be fine.

they love you, it might be a shock at first, and if they act upset/suggest abortion at first its only becuase they really care for you.

they will come around.

its best to tell them soon though, becuase you'll probably need all the support you can get.

good luck x

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 12, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.