Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing a BTEC in Business, hoping to get D*D*D*. The entry requirements for the Law LLB are DDD. I went to an open day hoping to not get too attached to the university and unfortunately, I still did. I knew Leeds was a bit ambitious, but y'know.

My GCSEs are horribly average (I've got 5, the main ones being A in English, B in core science and C in math), and I did a year of AS and didn't do too great due to medical issues (D in English and C in general studies is all I managed to salvage).

The only thing that's got me clutching onto this is my predicted grade of D*D*D*. However I don't know if Leeds care enough about BTEC for it to even matter.

If anyone wants to throw in their two cents, that'd be great--I'll still probably apply anyway since I want to give it a try, but I just want to know if I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about Leeds and Law specifically, but I've been looking at UniStats to see if my qualifications are near what the average entry standards are. Maybe you could take a look?

https://unistats.direct.gov.uk/subje...0007795FT-M100

ReputationRep:
    If the entry requirements are DDD and you're predicted above that then obviously you're in with a shout. There's no need to over-complicate things by trying to second guess the university's attitude towards BTECs. Apply and good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Stop worrying about it. They clearly state that they accept BTEC DDD. So if you get that or higher they will definitely give you a place. Since you're hoping for D*D*D* you'll be fine. Mine asked me to get D*D*D* and at least B in GCSE maths. I only even have GCSE English and maths since I moved here from a different country. But I applied and they still offered me a place.

ReputationRep:
    Hiya,

Try not to worry. I've just completed my first year of Law (LLB) and I got in with ABB when the entry grades for A Level are AAA. It's not always based on academic achievement and as you are predicted D*D*D* that's not a problem for you anyway.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    (Original post by eatyourmattress)
    I'm doing a BTEC in Business, hoping to get D*D*D*. The entry requirements for the Law LLB are DDD. I went to an open day hoping to not get too attached to the university and unfortunately, I still did. I knew Leeds was a bit ambitious, but y'know.

My GCSEs are horribly average (I've got 5, the main ones being A in English, B in core science and C in math), and I did a year of AS and didn't do too great due to medical issues (D in English and C in general studies is all I managed to salvage).

The only thing that's got me clutching onto this is my predicted grade of D*D*D*. However I don't know if Leeds care enough about BTEC for it to even matter.

If anyone wants to throw in their two cents, that'd be great--I'll still probably apply anyway since I want to give it a try, but I just want to know if I shouldn't get my hopes up.

Thanks!
    Hi,

Your predicted grades (D*D*D*) exceed our entry requirements of DDD in BTEC, so we would stronly encourage you to apply

Our entry requirments reflect that not all students study A-Levels, so as well as those and BTEC we also accept IB, Scottish and Irish Highers, Cambridge Pre-U and many international qualifications. We have several students each year on the LLB Law course who have come from a BTEC background.

You can see the full entry requirments and read more about the course online at: http://courses.leeds.ac.uk/24688/LLB_Law

Let me know if you've got any other questions or concerns

Amanda

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eatyourmattress)

Thanks!
    Don't be silly, you've got above what's expected of you, plus your GCSE's are not the only thing they consider. Only problem is the exams, if you're used to all the coursework you've got to make sure you're fully prepared for the exams! Other than that you should be good

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.