Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm off to Korea next week for a month, and on one day I'm taking part in a food festival where I'm meant to cook some traditional UK food in a kitchen with a load of other people (from other countries, all also trying to make their own national food) , so I'm not sure how much space I'll have. The food is for Korean kids, who may or may not be expected to help me make it (I think not, but it doesn't actually specify). I've got to buy stuff from a local market out there, but can also bring stuff with me, but it can't weigh too much as I'm already gonna be weighed down!
    If anyone can think of any ideas for the not exactly culinary genius, that would be great.

To start you off, I was thinking of making trifle, but thought something savoury might be good too.

ReputationRep:
    Take them an indian takeout.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    sausage mash and gravy - take the sausages (pack them in a plastic bag frozen for the flight) and some gravy granules/cube and buy some potatoes to mash (assuming that you can get potatoes in korea).

ReputationRep:
    noooo go to the chippy, then microwave in korea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celia)
    I'm off to Korea next week for a month, and on one day I'm taking part in a food festival where I'm meant to cook some traditional UK food in a kitchen with a load of other people (from other countries, all also trying to make their own national food) , so I'm not sure how much space I'll have. The food is for Korean kids, who may or may not be expected to help me make it (I think not, but it doesn't actually specify). I've got to buy stuff from a local market out there, but can also bring stuff with me, but it can't weigh too much as I'm already gonna be weighed down!
    If anyone can think of any ideas for the not exactly culinary genius, that would be great.

To start you off, I was thinking of making trifle, but thought something savoury might be good too.
    Whereabouts in Korea are you going?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm going to two schools, one near Cheonan, which is 150km from Seoul, and one in Pyeongtaek which is 100km from Seoul. Also I'm spending some time in the middle and end in Seoul itself!

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.