Turn on thread page Beta

Gym and DIet is right direction? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just making sure if my diet and workout is in check..
    Been in the gym for 4months now i'm trying to gain muscle aswell as maintaining my body fat percentage...

I've heard so many people improving greatly after 3months.... its hard to see difference for me but maybe that's gradual? or im doing something wrong...
    Thanks

Mon- biceps/triceps - some shoulders
    Tuesday - chest
    Wednesday - legs and abs
    Thursday - cardio 1-2mile run
    Friday back/biceps
    Sat - abs and cardio 1 mile rune
    Sun - cardio 1 to 2 mile run

im vegetarian so its kind of hard to get protein
    Usual diet-
    Mornings:
    weetabix protein with soy milk
    protein shake

oatmeal porridge

--nuts and fruits between--

mid day
    sandwich with quorn chicken for protein
    pasta with sauce

-- nuts/fruit ---

post workout -
    nuts/smoothie
    protein shake
    rice/vegetables/tofu/quorn

ReputationRep:
    Im a vegetarian too, I know how much of a bugger the protein thing is 😂good luck!
    (Trek bars are good, they are like flapjacks and have 10g protein in them each)
    I would say however try to get as much veg as possible in your diet too
    And take care, as too many protein shakes are bad for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elen11)
    Im a vegetarian too, I know how much of a bugger the protein thing is 😂good luck!
    (Trek bars are good, they are like flapjacks and have 10g protein in them each)
    I would say however try to get as much veg as possible in your diet too
    And take care, as too many protein shakes are bad for you
    Hmmm ok, thanks for the advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chung224)
    Just making sure if my diet and workout is in check..
    Been in the gym for 4months now i'm trying to gain muscle aswell as maintaining my body fat percentage...

I've heard so many people improving greatly after 3months.... its hard to see difference for me but maybe that's gradual? or im doing something wrong...
    Thanks

Mon- biceps/triceps - some shoulders
    Tuesday - chest
    Wednesday - legs and abs
    Thursday - cardio 1-2mile run
    Friday back/biceps
    Sat - abs and cardio 1 mile rune
    Sun - cardio 1 to 2 mile run

im vegetarian so its kind of hard to get protein
    Usual diet-
    Mornings:
    weetabix protein with soy milk
    protein shake

oatmeal porridge

--nuts and fruits between--

mid day
    sandwich with quorn chicken for protein
    pasta with sauce

-- nuts/fruit ---

post workout -
    nuts/smoothie
    protein shake
    rice/vegetables/tofu/quorn
    My only advice is that instead of training biceps twice a week and only doing 'some shoulders' maybe train biceps once a week and have a proper shoulder workout thrown in with your back on Fridays. You don't want to look disproportionate and have lagging shoulders Also maybe try to have at least one rest day, this would definitely help.

Can't vegetarians eat eggs too? If you're seeking a dairy alternative, go with almond milk, instead of soy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SwitchingOne)
    My only advice is that instead of training biceps twice a week and only doing 'some shoulders' maybe train biceps once a week and have a proper shoulder workout thrown in with your back on Fridays. You don't want to look disproportionate and have lagging shoulders Also maybe try to have at least one rest day, this would definitely help.
    i don't put emphasis on shoulders since i've been told that the exercises i do for arms work on the shoulders, i do 3 exercises for the shoulders, yeah i guess I'll put a day for them. I'll give myself a rest on sunday then, thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColossalAtom)
    Can't vegetarians eat eggs too? If you're seeking a dairy alternative, go with almond milk, instead of soy.
    I don't eat egg, fml lol

ReputationRep:
    Clif bars are rly nice try it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I feel myself)
    Clif bars are rly nice try it
    will do thanks , ill look for them today

ReputationRep:
    Height/weight/sex/daily activity which isn't exercise/TDEE/goals?

I'd give yourself at least two days off, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheThiefOfBagdad)
    Height/weight/sex/daily activity which isn't exercise/TDEE/goals?

I'd give yourself at least two days off, tbh.
    5"7 163 pounds male. not working at the moment, just volunteering/self study - just trying to increase my muscle mass.

ReputationRep:
    Your routine is inefficient, you want to be hitting each muscle at least 2x per week for maximum noob gains, get on a proper beginner program focused on compound lifts with progressive overload.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...5#post52097275

Can't give you advice on your diet since you haven't provided cals/macros, you want to be at a 250 calorie surplus to gain 0.5 lb per week, this will give you the best ratio of muscle - fat gain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chung224)
    I don't eat egg, fml lol
    You should listen to Greg Jackson on routine

Diet wise, I'm vegan and a lot of my protein comes from making my own burgers and seitan. I recommend Vegan Dad's perfect burger, post punk kitchen's chickpea cutlets and seitan o greatness (google them). All are easy to bulk make and freeze. I'm also a big fan of TVP as quick, easy and cheap- especially in chilli.

It's impossible to tell if you are getting enough protein without you tracking your diet and giving us the actual amount- a list of food says little. Those are just suggestions I find convenient.

Also, there's nothing wrong with protein shakes or soy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BKS)
    You should listen to Greg Jackson on routine

Diet wise, I'm vegan and a lot of my protein comes from making my own burgers and seitan. I recommend Vegan Dad's perfect burger, post punk kitchen's chickpea cutlets and seitan o greatness (google them). All are easy to bulk make and freeze. I'm also a big fan of TVP as quick, easy and cheap- especially in chilli.

It's impossible to tell if you are getting enough protein without you tracking your diet and giving us the actual amount- a list of food says little. Those are just suggestions I find convenient.

Also, there's nothing wrong with protein shakes or soy
    What's the point of going vegan when you are eating unhealthy processed food like seitan lol

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean some shoulders? I'd recommend doing chest/shoulders on a tuesday. Stick to arms on a Monday - I personally don't believe doing bis more than once a week is necessary if you can fit in two back sessions. Personally I'd recommend switching back/bis to back/tris; people often neglect the triceps and if you're wanting huge arms, you want to be focusing on the triceps which are a bigger muscle. Pull ups etc on back days will work your biceps so you don't want to overtrain them which is detrimental to any gains

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What's the point of going vegan when you are eating unhealthy processed food like seitan lol
    I'm not vegan for health reasons and I make my own so it's only processed to the extent you consider the flour processed.

ReputationRep:
    You really don't need that much protein. Less protein is more optimal for hypertrophy. As for weight loss, and inevitably muscle gain, make sure you have enough carbs throughout the day and fat intake for relevant hormonal stimulations

ReputationRep:
    You really don't need that much protein. Less protein is more optimal for hypertrophy. As for weight loss, and inevitably muscle gain, make sure you have enough carbs throughout the day and fat intake for relevant hormonal stimulations
    Less protein is more optimal for hypertrophy???? You lost me. If he's reaching 1.2g-1.5g protein per lb of body weight that's perfect for hypertrophy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Now that was hilarious to read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    Less protein is more optimal for hypertrophy???? You lost me. If he's reaching 1.2g-1.5g protein per lb of body weight that's perfect for hypertrophy

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Now that was hilarious to read.
    If you truely think 1.5g/lb is optimal, you guys must be really stupid.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.