Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have been off school for 4 weeks now, that is a MASSIVE amount of time already. I've come to the point where I am already fed up now. I feel so unmotivated and unproductive. I have tried to apply for jobs but they are either not available or way out of my league and lets face it... Im only 16, I'm tricky to work with as I start sixth form soon and well, I lack any experience. I just do not kow what to do with my time or life right now. In honesty, I'm not good when dealing with this kind of thing. In summer, I find myself having a downfall in mood and it puts a dampener over everything but I cant break it... Its impossible, I need something to do to keep busy that's actually getting me somewhere. I cant seem to do anything good enough to work. Im so stuck. Help me, please?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    If you can't get a job, try volunteering? Work experience? Starting to read around the subjects you're doing next year (give yourself a break too though!)? Doing an online course? Picking up a new hobby? Trying to get fitter? There's loads of stuff you can do, obviously some cost money and being able to earn a bit would be ideal but not crucial. It might seem early but now could even be a good time to start thinking about what you might want to do after college while you have some free time- you have loads of time to change your mind later obviously but it's always good to have something to work towards!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey! I wouldn't worry too much about working for now, it's not essential. I'm in the same boat as you, the holidays are dragging and I do miss school because I enjoy structure/work etc. So far I've just be using my time to research universities that I'd like to study at for Medicine, in the future, and other organizing other related things such as work experience. You could always volunteer, people will appreciate your time and it's very satisfying (care homes, charity shops etc). I did start some A Level work early, just to get a head start... All up to you though!

ReputationRep:
    volunteer, the fact you're unable to get a job begs the question; are you actually trying?

I started working at 15, along with volunteering.

Dont just sit around all day.

If all else fails, focus on your fitness

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisbey)
    Hey! I wouldn't worry too much about working for now, it's not essential. I'm in the same boat as you, the holidays are dragging and I do miss school because I enjoy structure/work etc. So far I've just be using my time to research universities that I'd like to study at for Medicine, in the future, and other organizing other related things such as work experience. You could always volunteer, people will appreciate your time and it's very satisfying (care homes, charity shops etc). I did start some A Level work early, just to get a head start... All up to you though!
    Thank you, I have just downloaded a form to apply to voluteer at my local hospice!! And I'm going to look into the A-Levels I have chosen too.

ReputationRep:
    you could also do some sport, learn a language, learn a musical instrument

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.