Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have qualified for a £1000 scholarship at Bath Spa for my course (G.I.S). I have found out what I am entitled to for my loan/grants etc however there was no sign of any scholarship £££'S.

Does anybody know when/how this money will be paid to a student who is entitled to it???

many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I think you mean some company has offered you a scholarship for taking this course? And the grant/loan is the government loan? These would be totally separate. You'd have to contact the people who you applied to for the scholarship.

ReputationRep:
    Silly, yeah we get a £1000 *bursary* (from the government, they give is £1K as they want more people to do the course) hehe...
    The money (from what I remember from the phone coversation with the finance lady at Bath Spa) is payed into our bank accounts with our maintenence loan, so me for example, will be getting £4345 or something like that...rather than £3345 if I was not getting a bursary.
    Easy to phone the finance dept. at Bath Spa, phone reception and ask to be put through to someone who you can talk to about finance, the woman who answered me was very helpful and friendly.
    Hope it helped...if you phone, just lemme know that I'm right/what I told you was wrong! (and therefore my understanding is wrong!)
    Cheers,
    Rhos.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 10, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.