Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can you fall in love with someone just though messaging with them online? Or is it just a load of rubbish until you actually meet them? Even if you are online GF and BF?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clockrice)
    Can you fall in love with someone just though messaging with them online? Or is it just a load of rubbish until you actually meet them? Even if you are online GF and BF?
    I think you can , because it depends on the person and depending on circumstances and situation , also that every relationship is different it just depends really . And as of personal experiences I think you can
    • Study Helper
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Welcome Squad
    I think you can fall in love with their online persona

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well yes, you can but it has to be a certain type of person and for everyone else its different. I'm in LDR till October (he comes from Italy to UK for university near me we then meet every weekend) Ofcourse we meet between then as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well you can fall in love with the idea of a person online i don't think you
    can fully be in love until you have met them in real life and get to know
    them.
    You chat to someone online they have an attractive photo on there, they may say the nicest sweetest thing to you and you can chat to them
    all day about anything and may think you are in love with them.

Then you meet them and they may not look like the picture they have on the site and you realise there is no butterflies or connection you had when you chatted to them or they may have a different side or bad habits you disapprove of so i would say no you can't fall in love online i
    thought i did but when i saw a different side to them i realised my feelings were not love at all.

I had feelings for a lecturer and he was intelligent, attractive, charming basically he was perfect on the outside.
    We went on a trip to Belgium and saw a different side to him he was getting drunk with the students every night he had a male and female student in his bed (nothing happened) and everything he told us not to do he would do and then when i gave him chocolates to thank him for the trip we had a conversation and found him to be
    very self absorbed and arrogant. We had a strong connection that makes you think you are in love but i realised he wasn't the person i thought he was before the trip.

ReputationRep:
    I think guys develop crushes this way much more than girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chikane)
    Well you can fall in love with the idea of a person online i don't think you
    can fully be in love until you have met them in real life and get to know
    them.
    You chat to someone online they have an attractive photo on there, they may say the nicest sweetest thing to you and you can chat to them
    all day about anything and may think you are in love love them.
    This is particularly on point. Guys especially fall in love with the idea they form of the woman.

ReputationRep:
    Yes there's a whole TV show based on it.

ReputationRep:
    Have witnessed it on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    This is particularly on point. Guys especially fall in love with the idea they form of the woman.
    Same with women i added more to my post if you want to read.
    Also i met a guy who i chatted with on fb who was at the same uni and i found him to be charming, we had alot in common i think he was the first person i had alot in common with, he flirted with me and i had butterflies while chatting to him.
    Then we met up a a week later and i didn't feel that spark at all and it felt awkward. I saw him as a friend but at the time i thought i needed to get to know him more to develop any feelings but he wanted something casual which i didn't so things didnt work out he didnt want to be friends either after but from that experience i didn't feel we had any connection except online.

ReputationRep:
    Yh u can I believe so. But seeing them in Rl would always be better.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think I am right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    This is true

ReputationRep:
    Not with the person. But the idea of the person, perhaps? Idk

ReputationRep:
    Yes. This is how my relationship started. I think it has to become 'real' at some point though otherwise it gets a bit weird and creepy.

ReputationRep:
    I don't believe in internet love, it's not real. Only things done in real life count.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 31, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.