Spam emails on Yahoo Watch

This discussion is closed.
Homegrownkitten
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
I keep getting mail delivery failure notices in my email box from people I have never heard of. i have only sent one email in the last week but have got about 8 notices. some have attachments. Can my computer be attacked by a virus if I open these emails? Is anybody else having a problem with this?
Whats_The_411?
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Homegrownkitten)
I keep getting mail delivery failure notices in my email box from people I have never heard of. i have only sent one email in the last week but have got about 8 notices. some have attachments. Can my computer be attacked by a virus if I open these emails? Is anybody else having a problem with this?
The same happens to me too, but they never let me open them. They say it's a Virus :eek: so stay away
Sam2k
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago

I haven't used yahoo mail in a while but sometimes I randomly get similar messages. I would say that you need to delete them immediately.
Chubb
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I would assume that they were junk mail and/or viruses - don't open them and see if you can't get them filtered out.

Slightly off topic now but still - I got an email from someone from Yahoo a couple of months back telling me to talk to them on MSN. The email was sent via my personal profile (I have hotmail) but then they said they must have had the wrong address - how is this possible of a profile page though. You guys with Yahoo may be able to help me to find out who it is?
Revelation
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I think people have your email address stored on their computer, they will also have a virus. I think the virus trys to send emails to everyone in this persons address book under your name (among everyone else) but some fail and the mail delivery failure notices goto you. Hope you understand me and I think thats what happens, nothing to worry about on your pc, just some of your friends/contacts may have a virus so stay alert.
ThE_OnE
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
dont open .pif, .exe, .scr, .com, .bat, .vbs to name but a few! Unless its from someone u trust! but even then becarefull as they might be infected and its the virus that sends u the mail not them!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is most responsible for your success at university

Mostly me (628)
91.01%
Mostly my university including my lecturers/tutors (62)
8.99%

Watched Threads