Turn on thread page Beta

Looking for : Cheap Toyota Corolla - 02 upwards watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi all, I am really struggling to find a toyota corolla within my price range, and was wondering if anyone had seen anything nationally, preferably in London, but close by will do. A 5dr manual is all that I ask, colour is irrelevant. I was really hoping to get one, but they all seem to be 5-9 k which is way tooo much. If you have one for sale , or know of any for sale, please forward the info. Thankies!

ReputationRep:
    Word of advice: just because it's on autotrader for £5k, doesn't mean it has to be 5k. You could make an offer

And you need to tell us what IS your price bracket, mileage etc.

ReputationRep:
    As walshie said, telling us what your price range actually is would be helpful
    Is it vital that you get a Corolla?

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be try eBay but make sure you view the car before bidding. After about 60 seconds I found this Corolla for you. I'm not suggesting you buy this one in particular, I haven't looked at it properly but it shows that there are cheap Corollas in London on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-TOYOTA-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

The only disadvantage is that you have to pay what you bid - there's no bargaining as mentioned in a previous post.

Good luck

petrolhead

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by petrolhead)
    My advice would be try eBay but make sure you view the car before bidding. After about 60 seconds I found this Corolla for you. I'm not suggesting you buy this one in particular, I haven't looked at it properly but it shows that there are cheap Corollas in London on eBay.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2002-TOYOTA-CO...QQcmdZViewItem

The only disadvantage is that you have to pay what you bid - there's no bargaining as mentioned in a previous post.

Good luck

petrolhead
    If you went to go and see a car like that, you could always see what price he'd take for the car there and then, then bargain with him to get it down if it's too high... If you settled on a reasonable price it would be better than bidding on it - i'm guessing there's no bids with 1 day left partly because of zero feedback. Apart from that Classifieds seem to be £3700+ so I suggest you either find more money or look at alternatives if your budget won't stretch that far!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nnkuk)
    Hi all, I am really struggling to find a toyota corolla within my price range, and was wondering if anyone had seen anything nationally, preferably in London, but close by will do. A 5dr manual is all that I ask, colour is irrelevant. I was really hoping to get one, but they all seem to be 5-9 k which is way tooo much. If you have one for sale , or know of any for sale, please forward the info. Thankies!
    It is way too much. You can buy a brand new 2008 corolla at any US dealership for less than the equivalent of 8 GBP

ReputationRep:
    We are not in the USA though so its a bit pointless saying that.

ReputationRep:
    US model is also a saloon and you can only have the 1.8 VVTi - nice engine but they don't have the 190/210bhp versions of it we get here... Corolla has been replaced by the Auris (how do you pronounce that name?!) in the UK now too....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AT82)
    We are not in the USA though so its a bit pointless saying that.
    I know. It just blows my mind that you need to pay double our prices to buy a car and people seem to be ok with that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Made in the USA)
    I know. It just blows my mind that you need to pay double our prices to buy a car and people seem to be ok with that.
    Unfortunatly though, there's not a great deal we can realistically do about it without us all going out and wasting our money on a Hyundai or Kia....

ReputationRep:
    Umm, sorry, time for an update.I still havent found anything, but the reason Im looking for a corolla is because I really only see myself driving it for a year or two, but my mum really wants one, and she wouldn't mind having it while Im not using it. I've seen a few for 4k - ish, but something even cheaper would be nice. Tried auto trader, car giant, ebay, etc..

ReputationRep:
    I think you'll really stuggle to find a newer-shape Corolla for less than £4k, unless you find a high miler (unlikely) or a car that's accident damaged/needs work doing to it, in which case you'll need to able to do the work yourself to keep the costs down and make it worthwhile.
    It doesn't help that they're not the most common small hatch in the UK, so there's less choice than if you were looking for a Focus/Astra/Golf etc..

ReputationRep:
    Bit silly but have you tried looking on Autotrader's website? I saw you were in london so put a random london postcode into the search and found this even though its only £250 over your budget:
    http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...00728291240797

ReputationRep:
    Yeah saw that, saw one for 3800 last week, wish Id snapped it up. Might wait till Sept when the prices drop.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 15, 2007
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.