Turn on thread page Beta

Liberals oppress anyone who opposes their beliefs watch

ReputationRep:
    Liberals are elitists who exempt themselves from the oppressive rules that they impose upon the general population.

ReputationRep:
    Tbf, both the left and the right have rather... ugly histories of oppressing people.

ReputationRep:
    Can't agree more, OP. Nowadays the left fights for oppression and censorship, while the far right fights for actual equality, free speech and secular democracy, as well as not destroying the ME. The center right just sits on the fence.

ReputationRep:
    So does any group that wants everyone to vehemently adhere to their belief system right, left, up, down, extreme... Their ideal is to oust anything other than their way of existing/viewing things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peroxidation)
    Can't agree more, OP. Nowadays the left fights for oppression and censorship, while the far right fights for actual equality, free speech and secular democracy, as well as not destroying the ME. The center right just sits on the fence.
    You mean Milo Yiannopoulos :lol: ... Free speech, free abuse, free racism :facepalm: thankfully he's banned from Twitter at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Little Popcorns)
    You mean Milo Yiannopoulos :lol: ... Free speech, free abuse, free racism :facepalm: thankfully he's band from Twitter at least
    Do you think Twitter was right in banning him?

ReputationRep:
    You mean Milo Yiannopoulos :lol: ... Free speech, free abuse, free racism :facepalm: thankfully he's band from Twitter at least
    Since when was Milo a racist? Besides, people should be allowed to have racist views. People can think what they want to, no one has the right to police another person's thoughts, no matter how offensive they may be. Institutional racism isn't okay by any means, but if someone says something racist towards you, buck up. That's what normal people do, we just deal with it and get on with our lives. I get racial slurs hurled at me all the time, but I don't go reporting them to the police for having an opinion. Neither should anyone else.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, I am far right. No, I don't give a toss about people's skin pigmentation.

ReputationRep:
    He's never been racist or abusive though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MildredMalone)
    He's never been racist or abusive though.
    Yes he has. What planet are you on.

ReputationRep:
    Never

Daddy will rise again :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    Classic liberals dont do that. Left-wing Pro(re)gressives, SJWs and neo-liberals do that.

Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, there are also right wing regressives. Feel like I have to point this out

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Evidence please. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Evidence please. Thanks.
    How can you have evidence that something did not occur? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galaxie501)
    Classic liberals dont do that. Left-wing Pro(re)gressives, SJWs and neo-liberals do that.
    Spoiler:
    Show
    Yes, there are also right wing regressives. Feel like I have to point this out
    "Classic" liberals and neoliberals are almost identical.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    Do you think Twitter was right in banning him?
    freedom of speech is not an absolute right if you behave abusively then sorry there'll be consequences. If someone was gathering round a lynch mob for people to be abusive to you would you want the rest of the people to gather in audience and when you ask for their support all they do is look at you in their hundreds/thousands/millions, shrug their shoulders and say freedom of speech mate.

ReputationRep:
    Milo says he's done more for Black people than anyone, but that most of it involved him lying on his back. :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sisuphos)
    "Classic" liberals and neoliberals are almost identical.
    This is categorically false, no classical liberal would have voted in favour of the Iraq War for example.

ReputationRep:
    Yes he has. What planet are you on.
    Examples plz?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Atlas Thugged)
    Never

Daddy will rise again :fuhrer:
    isn't he the guy who complains about Islam being a problematic religion while being a catholic himself?

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.