Turn on thread page Beta

Speakers for TV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've been looking for speakers for a TV for a while now. Most come with a DVD player/recorder but I'm looking for just speakers. Which ones are the best value? I'm looking to spend under £150. Something for £100 would be excellent, but I doubt I'd get it.

I've looked at Bose and Sony. Bose is better but out of my price range. Sony, I'm not sure. Any other ideas ?

ReputationRep:
    What are you planning to plug these speakers in? Does the television have speaker outputs? Or do you mean you want a set of speakers and amplifier with no dvd player integrated?

ReputationRep:
    Look for some entry-level bookshelf speakers from Klipsch or Infinity, maybe. But you're going to need an amplifier/receiver.

ReputationRep:
    Or do you mean you want a set of speakers and amplifier with no dvd player integrated?
    That's what I meant.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I was unrealistic with the original price. I'm willing to push to £180.

ReputationRep:
    Still for that price range you are most likely looking at one of those all in one kits from somewhere like currys. You won't be able to get a decent av receiver some bookself speakers and a sub for that price brand new.

ReputationRep:
    Still for that price range you are most likely looking at one of those all in one kits from somewhere like currys.
    Any good ?

ReputationRep:
    no:p:

You will get 5 small speakers around 15x10x10 speakers and a sub stating they are 1100watts. The small satellites will sound very high, and this is over compensated by a loud bassy, i'll say loud again subwoofer. The centre speakers are often funny and oversized, sony make one about a foot long with a speaker around 7cm in diameter in the centre, the rest of it is the casing!

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.