Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Sup dudes,

Just got back our physics results and achieved an amazing result of an E. The only good thing about this cluster fudge is the fact that half the school got an E. The entire physics department has been changed for next year and we have been awarded a final chance to get a high prediction with another mock during early September.

I really really need an A*. Getting that one A* will help me get predicted very high grades even if I screwed up on the other mocks. Now, guys, I'm lost on what to do. I have set aside 150 hours throughout this Summer. Is that enough? What shall I do? I feel so lost rn

ReputationRep:
    I dont do physics but generally to improve your grade I would say do alot of past papers see where your going wring and then look on those topics as much as possible
    or just do topic by topic questions and learn from those

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    Sup dudes,

Just got back our physics results and achieved an amazing result of an E. The only good thing about this cluster fudge is the fact that half the school got an E. The entire physics department has been changed for next year and we have been awarded a final chance to get a high prediction with another mock during early September.

I really really need an A*. Getting that one A* will help me get predicted very high grades even if I screwed up on the other mocks. Now, guys, I'm lost on what to do. I have set aside 150 hours throughout this Summer. Is that enough? What shall I do? I feel so lost rn
    That's plenty of time. Why do you think you got an E? Was it that you didn't work hard enough or that you didn't prepare in the right way?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HopelessMedic)
    That's plenty of time. Why do you think you got an E? Was it that you didn't work hard enough or that you didn't prepare in the right way?
    I was so surprised. I still don't know, I was doing quite a few papers and was getting consistent A/Bs. I think my main issue was a lack of practice and stopped thinking out of the box, I was used to the difficulty of the papers, and when the questions become harder I failed. I think it's also my revision technique, I only revised how to answer past paper questions rather than the course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlphaWolfZ)
    I was so surprised. I still don't know, I was doing quite a few papers and was getting consistent A/Bs. I think my main issue was a lack of practice and stopped thinking out of the box, I was used to the difficulty of the papers, and when the questions become harder I failed. I think it's also my revision technique, I only revised how to answer past paper questions rather than the course?
    First thing id do is get hold of the spec and using a revision guide make concise notes on everything. Don't spend too long on this as for physics notes aren't that important, but make sure they cover all of the content. Then start on practice qs and past papers. Do as many as you can find until you are consistently getting the grade you want. Apart from that focus on the areas you know you struggle with, and then it just comes down to performing on the actual test, which is hard to prepare for. Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 23, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.