The Student Room Group

Applying for 'Year Abroad/In Industry'

I have a few questions regarding applying for 'year in industry' engineering courses.

1: Is it more difficult to get an offer for a 'year in industry' course than the regular engineering course?
2: If I do not get an offer the hr industrial year course, will they consider me for the non-industrial year course or not? This one I would really like to know as if it is harder to get onto an industrial year course then it could be quite risky if I choose to apply for them.

Thank you!
It depends on the uni.

I wouldn't have thought so as(based on the open days I've been to) it's down to yourself to secure your own placement anyway. If you're accepted with a year in industry included and can't get a placement then you'll just revert to the standard degree.
Original post by JamesN88
It depends on the uni.

I wouldn't have thought so as(based on the open days I've been to) it's down to yourself to secure your own placement anyway. If you're accepted with a year in industry included and can't get a placement then you'll just revert to the standard degree.

Great, thanks for the quick reply!
Reply 3
Original post by Productivity
I have a few questions regarding applying for 'year in industry' engineering courses.

1: Is it more difficult to get an offer for a 'year in industry' course than the regular engineering course?
2: If I do not get an offer the hr industrial year course, will they consider me for the non-industrial year course or not? This one I would really like to know as if it is harder to get onto an industrial year course then it could be quite risky if I choose to apply for them.

Thank you!

1. No. And if you apply to the regular course you can always change and take a placement year anyway (or vice versa). Assuming your university offers sandwich years. Not all do.
2. See 1.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending