Turn on thread page Beta

Ok well I've come to realise that I am a worrier.. but it goes beyond worry about getting to college on time, or if I can do my coursework etc. It's like I worry over everything.. every morning I sit on a train petrified that it might derail or something totally ridiculous. I also occassionally get this at night too.. when I'm trying to sleep and I think that there's some ghostly figure behind me, when I know full well no one is there.

I know I may sound a bit weird, but this is starting to make me more worried as it ruined my last relationship (we stayed friends and it's now ruining our friendship) no matter how many times my ex tells me he doesn't hate me or he isn't with any one.. and that he'd never use me - I believe him, but something inside my head kepts yelling "LIAR LIAR LIAR". But I can see it in his eyes that he's not lying too.

I seriously would like to know what you'd call this, because it's hard to explain this to him when I don't know the proper term for it.. I'd rather this didn't ruin our friendship, help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks x

ReputationRep:
    Yes it seems to me like this is a form of anxiety disorder, but one thing you got to realise is that.

1: Your not weird and 2: Try not to worry about it to much its not like you will go insane or anything.

Thoe it would be a good idea to maybe go see a doctor to get there opinion, if you want to ask me anything else your welcome thoe

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 9, 2007
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.