Turn on thread page Beta

What's a better watch brand pulsar or sekonda watch

ReputationRep:
    What's better quality and worth the price

ReputationRep:
    i like sekondaa better, but maybe it's just me

ReputationRep:
    according to me both are the good brands.
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Pulsar is much better quality

ReputationRep:
    Both of these are good

ReputationRep:
    You sure

ReputationRep:
    Sekondas bad quality

ReputationRep:
    What about rotary

ReputationRep:
    Neither.

ReputationRep:
    Why what about citizen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by struggler07)
    Why what about citizen

Best of the three.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.mvmtwatches.com

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember why, but Sekonda used to be a Russian brand - now Chinese. Pulsar was originally English I think and is now like a Seiko diffusion line.

Citizen is going to be the best of them, they're an old Japanese company and not very exciting, but they are quite reliable.

It depends what criteria you're judging these things on - if its aesthetics, then it doesn't really matter, you might as well just buy the one that you like best. A £20 Sekonda Seksy quartz watch will keep better time than a £20,000 automatic Rolex anyway.If it's "longevity", that's very difficult to judge. Some of these cheapies last for years.

I find that most people have some idea of quality, usually tied to cost and often related to where its made.

The problem is for most people, how a watch appears is very very important, so you kind of have to balance up the budget against looks.

Some cheap watches are great, some really expensive ones let you down. I have an automatic Tissot that's fallen apart twice. One of my friends has a Breitling that's spent more time back at the repairers than it has on his wrist. On the other hand, I have a couple of functional swiss watches that have never let me down.

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of returning my rotary watch and getting a citizen watch,, sekondas a good watch brand, my budget is around £100 I just want a nice looking quality watch that will last

ReputationRep:
    They are all cheap brands out of the argos catalogue. There is nothing much to choose between them in terms of quality. Ignore the brand. Just pick the one you like best.

ReputationRep:
    What you on about cheap I ain't looking to spend like £1000s on a watch

ReputationRep:
    I just want something that looks nice and tells the times I'll even settle for a lotus if I have to got to balance it out

ReputationRep:
    True

ReputationRep:
    Watches are bloody expensive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by struggler07)
    Watches are bloody expensive
    No, good watches are expensive.

Protip: If you ever want to buy a high end watch, do it in an airport. I got my Rolex Milgauss about £400 cheaper than any other place would go, just by getting it duty free.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 1, 2016
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.