Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi all!

I've seen a lot of other people do Growing My Grades threads and it looks like it really helps so I thought I'd give it a go. I've never done one before and don't really know if there's a suggested format etc so if you have any suggestions perhaps just inbox me or reply below? Thanks

Okay, so I'm in Year 13 doing maths, physics, chemistry and biology at A-Level and I'm studying over the summer because I'm trying to up my grades from Cs to A*s. I want to go on to study veterinary medicine but I'm taking 2/3 years out before uni (for personal reasons) and so luckily I don't have the stress of UCAS/personal statements this year.

I sat 3 maths AS exams in May/June and I have 12 A-Level exams next summer

I'm going to try to post everyday what I've got done and hopefully something motivational too!

If you have any questions etc feel free to ask them below, like I say this is my first time trying this so apologies if I've done this OP all wrong! XD

Blake

ReputationRep:
    Good luck! The 2/3 years out is actually great because you can get so many work experience placements done (if you have time with your personal reasons) which I think are really important for vet med?
    How did you feel like your Maths AS exams went?

ReputationRep:
    good luck x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    good luck x
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surina16)
    Good luck! The 2/3 years out is actually great because you can get so many work experience placements done (if you have time with your personal reasons) which I think are really important for vet med?
    Yeah I think it is really important - I've done one placement at my local vets and I also did a day at a local zoo!

I think my maths AS exams went quite well but I guess we'll find out for sure soon!

ReputationRep:
    Do people usually try to keep you accountable in these Growing My Grades threads? If you like we can try and keep each other accountable?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blake Jones)
    Yeah I think it is really important - I've done one placement at my local vets and I also did a day at a local zoo!

I think my maths AS exams went quite well but I guess we'll find out for sure soon!
    That sounds so fun aha more like a day out That's good - and less than one month for you now! (But I'm sure you've aced them)

Do people usually try to keep you accountable in these Growing My Grades threads? If you like we can try and keep each other accountable?
    Yeah, once you find people who are doing the same/similar subjects as you, you normally motivate each other and see how everyone does every day etc. Sure

ReputationRep:
    That sounds so fun aha more like a day out That's good - and less than one month for you now! (But I'm sure you've aced them)

Yeah, once you find people who are doing the same/similar subjects as you, you normally motivate each other and see how everyone does every day etc. Sure
    Awh thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday (23/07/16) I made notes on two chemistry chapters

ReputationRep:
    So far today (24/07/16) I have written up notes on my physics Forces in Motion topic and I've also finished writing my notes for the EL topic of chemistry, needing some motivation to keep going though

ReputationRep:
    Yesterday (23/07/16) I made notes on two chemistry chapters
    So far today (24/07/16) I have written up notes on my physics Forces in Motion topic and I've also finished writing my notes for the EL topic of chemistry, needing some motivation to keep going though
    Well done so far Making notes is so tedious and boring so it's really impressive that you've already managed to do this much in 2 days!
    Just remember that the more you do now, the less you have to worry about making notes during exam time so you can be slightly more chill than some of your other class mates

ReputationRep:
    how did you manage to add a thread into the 'grow your grades' section so late? i swear that they closed the forum..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well done so far Making notes is so tedious and boring so it's really impressive that you've already managed to do this much in 2 days!
    Just remember that the more you do now, the less you have to worry about making notes during exam time so you can be slightly more chill than some of your other class mates
    Haha! Yeah good point!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ?Hannah)
    how did you manage to add a thread into the 'grow your grades' section so late? i swear that they closed the forum..

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Honestly - I have absolutely no idea! XD I thought I only put it in the A-Level section, perhaps they created next year's grow your grades forum and moved mine?

ReputationRep:
    Okay, I keep forgetting to post so I've set myself a reminder each day to do so, so hopefully this thread will get a bit busier soon! Yesterday I read through a chapter of each of my textbooks for next year and today I have done exercise 1E so far for maths

ReputationRep:
    Woo! Yesterday I completed:
    Exercise 1E (maths)
    Exercise 1F (maths)
    Biology 13.4 reading
    Chemistry PAG (75%)
    Physics 17.2 reading

ReputationRep:
    So far today I have done:
    2 chemistry readings
    1 physics reading
    1 biology reading
    and a lot of printing of past paper questions!

ReputationRep:
    Today I have done:
    Physics waves
    Quantum
    Physics reading
    Biology reading
    Chemistry reading
    Thermal physics
    Scheduled work
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Hi all!

I've seen a lot of other people do Growing My Grades threads and it looks like it really helps so I thought I'd give it a go. I've never done one before and don't really know if there's a suggested format etc so if you have any suggestions perhaps just inbox me or reply below? Thanks

Okay, so I'm in Year 13 doing maths, physics, chemistry and biology at A-Level and I'm studying over the summer because I'm trying to up my grades from Cs to A*s. I want to go on to study veterinary medicine but I'm taking 2/3 years out before uni (for personal reasons) and so luckily I don't have the stress of UCAS/personal statements this year.

I sat 3 maths AS exams in May/June and I have 12 A-Level exams next summer

I'm going to try to post everyday what I've got done and hopefully something motivational too!

If you have any questions etc feel free to ask them below, like I say this is my first time trying this so apologies if I've done this OP all wrong! XD

Blake
    This is amazing and I really hope you manage to get those A*s and get into Uni in a few years!!

It's also great seeing all the work you are putting in each day so far - keep it up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brainzistheword)
    This is amazing and I really hope you manage to get those A*s and get into Uni in a few years!!

It's also great seeing all the work you are putting in each day so far - keep it up!
    Thanks!

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.