Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    When I get ready I look okay but by time I come back I look awful (tired, yellow skin) and generally just don't look good. Make-up I wear is blusher, mascara..that's bout it.

Also, guys don't really find me attractive. I dunno...I'm tall and skinny (size 8) so errm yeah "flat" in places so maybe that's why guys don't really notice/attracted to me. I mean I'm not looking for 'short skirt' answers, but maybe some tips to be more noticeable to the male species.

Or maybe just self improvement tips in general...

Hehe!

ReputationRep:
    Confidence is everything. Just work on being friendly and engaging and letting your personality shine through and I can guarentee you will get noticed more. Also, actually listen to people and be interested in what they have to say. You feel more more inclined to like someone if they are listening to you properly rather than just waiting for their turn to speak (which happens an awful lot).

Looks-wise... Blokes like all different shapes and sizes, just like girls do. As long as you feel good about how you look then it doesn't matter.
    For me, if I'm having a potentially ****ty day, I throw on one of my fave smock/baby doll dresses that are stupidly easy to wear and some eyeliner.

ReputationRep:
    It your skin looks bad wear tinted moisturiser and reapply it around your eyes halfway through the evening along with blusher. Use shine spray in your hair? I mean it's hard to tell why guys dont find you attractive without pics

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've got all the confidence/friendly/listening stuff...buuuut I dunno, I'm seen as more 'of a friend' rather than a girlfriend. So a bit of appearance manipulation will hopefully fix that lol...

ReputationRep:
    Well, in that case, get on with some flirting woman!

ReputationRep:
    If you're tall and skinny you're way ahead lol. Obviously I don't know what you look like, but putting in a bit of effort with hair pays off, whether it's colour or style or whatever. Also eyeliner looks pretty And wear clothes which emphasise your figure, like slim fit jeans, trapeze line dresses... if you don't like them you don't have to :p: but considering you have the body for it it's be a waste to hide it

ReputationRep:
    I don't like the idea of giving other people fashion tips, because who's to say what looks good and what doesn't, really? And I'm no one to be telling you how to look.

All I can say is that you need to find your own individual style. Grab your best friends and go round the shops, and just try on EVERYTHING! You'll have loads of fun doing it, and you'll discover new things about yourself, like what shapes compliment your figure, what colours bring out your colours, like your eyes... It's hard to know what to say when we don't know what you look like, but try complimentary colours, they can sometimes work really well.

And just experiment with things like make-up and hair. Make sure you let your friends get involved, because they're going to be the most honest about what looks good and what doesn't.

The main thing is, don't change yourself to get noticed.

If you decide to change your style, do it because you like it, because it's who you are. Wear only what you feel comfortable in, because when you look and feel good, it shows, and that's what will get you noticed in the end.

But please, please remember, looks aren't everything! Don't aspire to look like celebrities in magazines, to be brutally honest, it'll NEVER happen for ANY of us!

At least, not without Photoshop :P

Good luck hon, I hope you find yourself

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.