Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Workout and diet plan? Loose skin? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a female, 5'7" and about 11 stone 11lbs so I'd love to lose weight (I'm hoping to get to between 10st 7lbs and 10st 13lbs and see how I feel about how I look as I don't want to be too small) and am aiming to be low 11 stone in 3 weeks.
    What are the best exercises to lose weight and tone up as much as possible in 3 weeks? Also, how often to do the exercises and what else to incorporate?
    I'll be continuing after these three weeks to lose weight but I'd like to lose a healthy but good amount in the first 3 weeks.
    I just need a good diet and workout routine I can stick to (I know the eat less, move more basics).

Also, if I lose 14-28lbs eventually and already have prominent stretch marks on my stomach will I end up with loose skin? How can I avoid this? It's a big fear of mine.
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    1. Losing 11lbs in 3 weeks for someone with your stats is unrealistic.I'd got for 1lb a week and ake anything else as a bonus.
    2. Weight is lost mostly by calorific deficit. Exercise complements things.
    3. One of the main people fail is becayse they dont learn how weight loss works, they arre unrealistic, start off extreme, get frustrated and then binge.
    4. Presumably you are young, so your skin will ahve a good degree of elasticity in it, so if you lose at a reasonably steady rate then it will adjust back over a reasonable amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    1. Losing 11lbs in 3 weeks for someone with your stats is unrealistic.I'd got for 1lb a week and ake anything else as a bonus.
    2. Weight is lost mostly by calorific deficit. Exercise complements things.
    3. One of the main people fail is becayse they dont learn how weight loss works, they arre unrealistic, start off extreme, get frustrated and then binge.
    4. Presumably you are young, so your skin will ahve a good degree of elasticity in it, so if you lose at a reasonably steady rate then it will adjust back over a reasonable amount of time.
    I was thinking of aiming for 6lbs max in the three weeks, the other weight is for after that. I'm 18 but I was just wondering if the stretch marks means that it's too stretched already to go back to normal?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I was thinking of aiming for 6lbs max in the three weeks, the other weight is for after that. I'm 18 but I was just wondering if the stretch marks means that it's too stretched already to go back to normal?
    when people first start dieting they lose a bit of water weight right at the beginning, so you could lose 2lbs in the first week.

Yo lose wight you need a calorie deficit. 500 a day for a week will equate to roughly 1lb, but uts a rough guesstimate.

Thta means how much you lose will rely on the size fo your deficit. Eating below maintenance as well as wat exercise you do. 1lb a week is ok 2lb a week is more challenging.

500 calories a day in exercise is about 60-90mins exercise.

A your ages your skin should recover , but it takes a bit of time. It depends how sydden the weight loss. Ut would also help if you did some weights as well to maintain the muscle underneath. Go and open an account on MFP.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Study Helper
    (Original post by smegsxo)
    I'm a female, 5'7" and about 11 stone 11lbs so I'd love to lose weight (I'm hoping to get to between 10st 7lbs and 10st 13lbs and see how I feel about how I look as I don't want to be too small) and am aiming to be low 11 stone in 3 weeks.
    What are the best exercises to lose weight and tone up as much as possible in 3 weeks? Also, how often to do the exercises and what else to incorporate?
    I'll be continuing after these three weeks to lose weight but I'd like to lose a healthy but good amount in the first 3 weeks.
    I just need a good diet and workout routine I can stick to (I know the eat less, move more basics).

Also, if I lose 14-28lbs eventually and already have prominent stretch marks on my stomach will I end up with loose skin? How can I avoid this? It's a big fear of mine.
    You only get loose skin if you extremely exercise and lose fat far too quickly. Now you've got to understand your body and realise you're like really fat and have a tire stomach and stuff, you're prone to have more loose skin of course. But, just because you're 11stone doesn't mean that's the fat. Fat isn't weight by pounds, it's weight by percentage. So you can go to your GP who can measure your fat for you or refer you to a nutritionist if you want to. I did this when I went through my spell of almost falling into anorexia (almost). And it helped to find out what foods can really replenish your body and what foods you shouldn't eat and so forth depending on you body size, genetics and etc. I'm unsure whether my nutritionist was NHS or private. But eiher way, start off by seeing your GP!

Good luck!

PS: weight lose is a lifestyle change. It's also a very slow and frustrating wait, especially if you have no patience like myself. But it does take time and motivation.

PSS: Try Insanity. I'm on month two and the fat is melting off. Albeit, it's real tough if your severely overweight. But check it out anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Just here to iterate that losing 11lbs in 3 weeks is incredibly unrealistic and would be unhealthy.

6lbs is better and the maximum recommended (1-2lbs per week) but as already said it might be difficult because I can only assume that your TDEE is not that high, meaning you'd have to be starving yourself or exercising excessively in order to lose that much.

I'm just iterating here again, but as above, you'll only acquire loose skin if you lose fat far too quickly.

I have lost approx. 35 lbs but because it's been at a rate (overall) of about 1lb p/w I have not ended up with loose skin.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.