Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Unemployed graduate wishing to go on holiday in September. Need advice Watch

ReputationRep:
    I recently graduated from university with first class honours and having been in education most of my life and already worked for a year - I feel that I deserve a break on holiday somewhere.

The thing is, I have not been applying for any jobs and my family are telling me not to go now as they require some assistance from me. So I am planning to go end of August as a result and it is cheaper for me too.

Thing is, will this negatively affect me? I want to get a graduate job and I don't mind starting in October - or should I not go on holiday at all?

It is a tough situation and I wished I went in June

Please advise.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely go for a holiday but as soon as possible as the season for searching for a career will start soon in September.
    The best adventure options are: Pakistan mountain hike and Russia adventure tours (Chechnya, Baikal, far North)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olga Leonidovna)
    You should definitely go for a holiday but as soon as possible as the season for searching for a career will start soon in September.
    The best adventure options are: Pakistan mountain hike and Russia adventure tours (Chechnya, Baikal, far North)
    Thanks - this is reassuring to say the least.

I am planning to go on holiday towards the end of August and come back end of September.

Will I still have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    to my experience and according to a general knowledge, the most active business season is Sep-Dec. So as long as you search for a job before Christmas, that's fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olga Leonidovna)
    to my experience and according to a general knowledge, the most active business season is Sep-Dec. So as long as you search for a job before Christmas, that's fine
    Yes I plan on getting a job after September.

I just feel that I would be in the right mental state to work after a holiday as I feel that my mind is more important than anything else.

I never knew they recruited after September though

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. *That is awesome. *You deserve a holiday. It shouldn't be a problem and in my opinion you will be in a good frame of mind to put in a good application and perform well at interviews.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timokane5)
    I never knew they recruited after September though
    No, of course, they recruit all around year but just generally all the business activities are mostly done in Sep-Dec period : sales, making new partnerships, contracts etc.
    Summer is the lowest point for all activities except tourist and construction industries

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.