Turn on thread page Beta

Unemployed graduate wishing to go on holiday in September. Need advice watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I recently graduated from university with first class honours and having been in education most of my life and already worked for a year - I feel that I deserve a break on holiday somewhere.

The thing is, I have not been applying for any jobs and my family are telling me not to go now as they require some assistance from me. So I am planning to go end of August as a result and it is cheaper for me too.

Thing is, will this negatively affect me? I want to get a graduate job and I don't mind starting in October - or should I not go on holiday at all?

It is a tough situation and I wished I went in June

Please advise.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    You should definitely go for a holiday but as soon as possible as the season for searching for a career will start soon in September.
    The best adventure options are: Pakistan mountain hike and Russia adventure tours (Chechnya, Baikal, far North)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olga Leonidovna)
    You should definitely go for a holiday but as soon as possible as the season for searching for a career will start soon in September.
    The best adventure options are: Pakistan mountain hike and Russia adventure tours (Chechnya, Baikal, far North)
    Thanks - this is reassuring to say the least.

I am planning to go on holiday towards the end of August and come back end of September.

Will I still have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    to my experience and according to a general knowledge, the most active business season is Sep-Dec. So as long as you search for a job before Christmas, that's fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olga Leonidovna)
    to my experience and according to a general knowledge, the most active business season is Sep-Dec. So as long as you search for a job before Christmas, that's fine
    Yes I plan on getting a job after September.

I just feel that I would be in the right mental state to work after a holiday as I feel that my mind is more important than anything else.

I never knew they recruited after September though

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations. *That is awesome. *You deserve a holiday. It shouldn't be a problem and in my opinion you will be in a good frame of mind to put in a good application and perform well at interviews.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by timokane5)
    I never knew they recruited after September though
    No, of course, they recruit all around year but just generally all the business activities are mostly done in Sep-Dec period : sales, making new partnerships, contracts etc.
    Summer is the lowest point for all activities except tourist and construction industries

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.