Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I will be studying history as an undergraduate at the University of Southampton from September 2016. To provide for my living costs I will need a part time job and also I need it to be compatible with my course hours. Can I have a job at uni? Do employers in Southampton offer flexible hours for their employees? Do I have other options? Can I apply now (for a uni job)? All help will be deeply appreciated
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by LeylaHat)
    Hello!

I will be studying history as an undergraduate at the University of Southampton from September 2016. To provide for my living costs I will need a part time job and also I need it to be compatible with my course hours. Can I have a job at uni? Do employers in Southampton offer flexible hours for their employees? Do I have other options? Can I apply now (for a uni job)? All help will be deeply appreciated
    Hi there Leyla,There are lots of opportunities for part-time work in and around the University - you can find out about a few of these on our website: click here.
    Your students' union also has a dedicated recruitment agency, which you can find out more about here: SUrecruit.

Aside from this, there are many opportunities around the city for part time work, but you'll have to track those down yourself

See you soon!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 1, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.